Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4S stainless door sills

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015 | 02:35 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Default Pics of install and required trimming

Pics pretty much say it all. I am happy the way it turned out, but required a good amount of trimming, on both ends. Had to clip one of the corners as per other owners' experience, and also the longer edge of the trapezoid was not the proper angle and was touching against the body work.

Lastly, I put electrical tape underneath all the edges (you cannot tell from looking at it from above), as all the edges are sharp and am pretty sure will cause paint damage particularly where the sill tucks underneath the door insulation.
Attached Images               
Old 06-01-2015 | 02:44 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

I corresponded with Keith today who of course agreed to send a new sill. Nice to work with quality people who stand behind their quality products. I did suggest to Keith that they start employing the use of protective film and some packaging to keep the sills from moving around in the tube. Keith responded saying that they do wind bubble wrap around both ends to keep them suspended in the center of the tube. My package appears to have been tampered with, so it's possible that the bubble wrap had been removed. Thankfully the adhesive under the top sill acted as a protective layer for the sill underneath. Heat gun and 20 lb. mono-filament fishing line starts tonight...
Old 06-01-2015 | 02:56 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

And wow Dr. Ferdinand, those 4S sills look awesome on your zenith blue!
Old 06-01-2015 | 03:33 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foxman
And wow Dr. Ferdinand, those 4S sills look awesome on your zenith blue!
Thanks for the complements, J-! Pretty happy the way it turned out despite the extra effort, makes it that much sweeter

Was thinking of 'sprinkling' some brushed aluminum across the cabin (already my gear **** has it). Was gonna add the dashboard bezels, and took a leap of faith and ordered a 340mm flat bottom steering wheel from Gert (the flat bottom is with the brushed aluminum). So all that should complement the sills I am hoping and not look OTT.
Old 06-01-2015 | 04:33 PM
olly964T
Rennlist Member

Mine came with the bubble wrap around each end together with cardboard around covering the bulk of the sills. They were then inside a box. Great packaging for a UK delivery.

I was hoping to fit these today but ran out of time.

I bought from a recent batch that Keith has made. Has he changed the jig or why are people having figment issues. Is it down the the early vs late production of the 993?

They do look awesome and you would think if they required some tweaking he could easily do that at the manufacturing stage.

Last edited by olly964T; 06-01-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2015 | 05:11 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

I apprised Keith of the issues with fit on some of our cars. According to Keith all of the sills are CNC folded, so every pair is exactly the same. My guess is that there are slight variances in each of our cars, and it's not MY dependent.
Old 07-18-2015 | 11:08 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

I needed a replacement sill for the C4 sill that got scratched in transit, so I ordered another pair of C2S sills so Keith wouldn't have to go out of pocket for the shipping. Unfortunately Keith sent a turbo sill by mistake. So when Keith sent finally the replacement sill for the C4, he also included another turbo sill so I could sell the pair of turbo sill stateside and avoid return shipping. These typically sell for about $130, but Keith is letting me sell these at a discount here on Rennlist so the turbo sills are available for just $95 shipped CONUS for the first member that PM's me.

Instead of a C4 replacement, I received a turbo sill by mistake

Turbo sills at top of picture for sale
Old 07-18-2015 | 11:30 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

And now of course some obligatory installation pictures. Tough to add much after the great photos from Pilot Josh and Dr. Ferdinand. And a big thanks to PilotJosh for the warning about scratching the paint. I did a dry run with the door sill and everything seemed to fit fine. After reading PilotJosh's post, however, I decided to pull out the weather stripping and check. Sure enough there was a small spot where the paint was scratched down to the bare metal in that corner. No issues with the front end. These are great looking sills, and the fit is near perfect, but you definitely need to trim a piece off the corner in the back for a proper fit and to avoid scratching the paint.

Note the paint scratched in corner - I would not have noticed this without removing the weather seal.

Four steps to restoring the paint finish

Trimming the sill is a must - one more good reason to have a roto zip!

roto zip cuts neatly with a steady hand

Use a file to smooth out the edges

Trimming the corner allows for a perfect fit

This project was worth all the effort!
Old 05-18-2017 | 08:49 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Anybody know if Keith is still around selling Door Sills? These looks pretty nice! How much USD + Ship?
Old 05-18-2017 | 02:02 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gbos1
Anybody know if Keith is still around selling Door Sills? These looks pretty nice! How much USD + Ship?
Hey GBos,

I'm pretty sure Keith is still making these. He was trying to fine tune the sills a bit to avoid the nick in the corner that many were having. I think the quality is first rate, and the price is about 1/4 the price of the stock sills (about $125 or so I seem to recall). I wrapped the sills in Xpel so they don't get scratched - it also provides a little luster.

You can reach out to Keith at keith@prestigeparts.co.uk

Jim
Old 05-18-2017 | 10:28 PM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foxman
Hey GBos,

I'm pretty sure Keith is still making these. He was trying to fine tune the sills a bit to avoid the nick in the corner that many were having. I think the quality is first rate, and the price is about 1/4 the price of the stock sills (about $125 or so I seem to recall). I wrapped the sills in Xpel so they don't get scratched - it also provides a little luster.

You can reach out to Keith at keith@prestigeparts.co.uk

Jim
Thanks Jim! I will reach out but in the meantime can anybody chime in that has ordered sills from him recently? Thanks
Old 05-18-2017 | 10:39 PM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

I emailed him yesterday and have not received a reply as of yet. They do look nice.
Old 05-19-2017 | 09:22 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

He just responded to me early this morning $75 EU + Ship. Apparently, he said they changed the Air Mail Post and the Sills are too long now or something. He is getting back to me on shipping. Will update when I hear back.
Old 05-19-2017 | 09:44 AM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

^ me too I guess he does email on Fridays. :-). Seems like good value.
Old 05-20-2017 | 09:23 AM
Gbos1
Rennlist Member

*UPDATE* Keith emailed me and he quoted me $99.50 GBP = $130.51 USD. Just sent him payment will report back when I receive. That price is a steal compared to what everybody else is charging!

Quick Reply: C4S stainless door sills