Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FATE? (Long Posting)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I passed it over for how long it was the first time but I do have to say it was definetely worth the reading time, good job on the writing and persistance on getting the plate number.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:14 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good for you.
I was the victim of a hit and run about a year ago. As I pulled away from a stoplight, I caught a glimpse of an Explorer coming through the intersection, stopped, but too late. The Explorer clipped my front end (not my 993), ripped my bumper off, and kept on going. As I waited for the police, a gentleman drove up, parked, and handed me a piece of paper with the offender's license plate. He had followed him until he could get a good read on the plate. The story had a happy ending-for me.
Thanks for being a good samaritan.
chuck
Old 03-07-2007, 11:20 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chef_jmr
Wow, courageous and nuts. Good thing he didn't pull a gun on you at the stop light. I've been in similar situations where you just don't think, you do, but nowadays, there are so many nuts on the streets, you are really putting your life/safety at risk. Kids don't try this at home.

I'm glad to hear you are safe. On the edge of my seat writing style!

Hope the Explorer occupants are alive and recovering.
In the case as described I probably would have done the same thing- tried my hardest to get that plate without causing an accident myself. Easy to say you wouldn't do it here at typing at your computer, but in the actual case (i.e. seeing the accident this fool cause in person), you may have done the same. I do hear your comments on people being nuts and guns and all, but I still think I'd do the same regardless.

Quick Reply: FATE? (Long Posting)