Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   FYI: 1997 993 C2S possibly trading in at Porsche dealer in Nashville (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/335144-fyi-1997-993-c2s-possibly-trading-in-at-porsche-dealer-in-nashville.html)

Robert Collins - 96 993TT 03-05-2007 01:25 AM

FYI: 1997 993 C2S possibly trading in at Porsche dealer in Nashville

I was at the dealer on Sat. driving a 2006 Cayenne TT S (HOLY COW...different story though). Anyone looking for a C2S and specifically for a white one, may want to call Thoroughbred in Nashville, TN and inquire.

It was white with approximately 34,000 on the clock. I think the interior was black but cannot remember, as I think the windows were tinted.

No relation, no affiliation, etc... but I would ask for Jeff Escue as he has shot me straight on the Cayenne TT S regarding pricing, history of the car, etc... PM if you want the delaership number as I don't know if it's appropriate to post oit.

Robert Collins - 96 993TT 03-05-2007 01:28 AM

Pretty rare car, so I figured I would post the fact that it might be available soon, before it is.

clubrcr 03-05-2007 01:40 PM

I called this morning. and wanted to update the previous post...The car is a white/cashmere C2S, 36K miles, tip. Jeff said they were asking $31K, which I thought was a good deal, except for it being a "tip".

Robert Collins - 96 993TT 03-05-2007 04:32 PM

Jim,
Thanks for getting the updated info. I was more focused on the Cayenne TT S that I drove, and was in a hurry when I was leaving so I did not look at the interior.

I'm not a Tiptronic guy in the 993, but it's probably a perfect car for someone. I will tell you the Tip on the Cayenne TT S was one heckuva lot of fun!!!!

rw229 03-05-2007 04:43 PM

That sounds like a great deal! Wouldn't this be a $40-50k car if it was a 6-speed?

Originally Posted by clubrcr
I called this morning. and wanted to update the previous post...The car is a white/cashmere C2S, 36K miles, tip. Jeff said they were asking $31K, which I thought was a good deal, except for it being a "tip".

stedge 03-05-2007 06:00 PM

Either tip means a hell of a lot of depreciation or the car is not healthy. 31k is WAY cheap. If it checks out someone will get a huge steal (again, assuming tip is not the huge killer of value in this car)

cabrio993 03-05-2007 06:09 PM

That's a great deal for a car with that mileage. It's a tip, so that's going to have a negative effect on price, but still is a great price.

Dealers would put the value on these cars based on Kelly Blue Book and not real market prices I guess.

If they are selling it for $31K, I can only imagine what the poor soul that traded it in got for it.

Ed Burdell 03-05-2007 06:11 PM

Tip should knock 3K off a C2S at best. (I bought a '98 Tip last year.) With low miles like that, $31K is insane. I should buy it and flip it - unless there's a story, there's $10K to be had in that deal.

Wilder 03-05-2007 06:11 PM

Wow! What a great deal. And deals do fly...there's a sale pending on it so the car is likely gone.

uncle buck 03-05-2007 07:48 PM

I'll bet this car shows up at one of the big national 993 dealers such as Holt or Premier and is priced in the high 40's to low 50's...

What a great deal...

gonzilla 03-05-2007 08:01 PM

That IS an incredible deal!!!

troppo 03-05-2007 08:04 PM

Even being a tip it should go for 42k+! Someone get this checked out and buy it before they realize they have priced too low!

cabrio993 03-05-2007 08:57 PM

As suspected. They are going strictly on KBB or NADA book prices.

KBB reports a 97, automatic, with 36K miles, ( "Excellent" condition values taken)

Dealer Price: $32,605
Private Party: $29,400
Trade in: $26,400

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...&Mileage=36000

Porsche dealers may not know the real street value that these cars can fetch. They base their pricing on NADA, etc. Sometimes they may end up sending a complete lot of trade-in cars to be auctioned off.

Dealers are more setup to sell new cars and they don't really want to deal with trade-ins if possible.

Good thing is a tip or I'd be all over it. This may a be a great find for someone, it even has the "right" color! :)

Robert Collins - 96 993TT 03-06-2007 12:58 AM

Well, I'm glad I passed the info on to my Rennlist brethren as I am guessing someone on here put a deposit down on the car. I hope this kind of surveillance leads to a happy Rennlist owner. I didn't know the car, but from afar it looked nice and worthy of consideration.

I'm starting to feel stupid for not buying it, however!!

shaynes 03-06-2007 08:15 AM

Car was bought yest by me, thanks to Robert... So I will let everyone know what is up with it, they are putting it through the shop at the dealer now... it needs a steering rack, so they are doing that..

We will see if it holds muster or not.. but worth a shot..

TRINITONY 03-06-2007 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by shaynes
Car was bought yest by me, thanks to Robert... So I will let everyone know what is up with it, they are putting it through the shop at the dealer now... it needs a steering rack, so they are doing that..

Congrats!...

Ed Burdell 03-06-2007 08:30 AM

Congrats - for $31K or whatever you paid for it, you can sure fix any number of issues and still be ahead.

Love that Speedster in your avatar!

shaynes 03-06-2007 08:33 AM

Thanks man... I just bought a 87 930 too to make a dream garage, so I hope the wife won't kill me , I am telling her this C2s is for her, tip and all, you think she will buy it.

TRINITONY 03-06-2007 08:36 AM

Thanks man... I just bought a 87 930 too to make a dream garage, so I hope the wife won't kill me , I am telling her this C2s is for her, tip and all, you think she will buy it.

lol..the Tip is way fun when driven with intention...and the white ones have the strongest engines :rockon:

cabrio993 03-06-2007 09:21 AM

Congratulations. I'm glad that a Rennlister kept that car thanks to Robert.

This is a perfect example why you almost never see a used 993 on a Porsche dealer lot. They sell them at book value and they don't last but a day at the lot before someone snatches it! :)

clubrcr 03-06-2007 09:59 AM

Kudos to Robert. This is what the Rennlist is for. Maybe Shaynes should pay a bird dog to Robert???

That Speedster is nice. I love that lipstick interior. I had that interior in one of my past Porsches, never got old.

Enjoy your new car.

chris walrod 03-06-2007 10:03 AM

Great stuff! Congrats! If I knew of this earlier than now, I would have bought it right away -- we are looking for a cab Tip for wifey, but a C2S would have been fine as well!!

shaynes 03-06-2007 10:12 AM

That Speedster just gives me goosebumps it only has 7k miles, the same with my 491 convert....
I will let you guys know how the wife takes the news.... LOL

TRINITONY 03-06-2007 10:17 AM

That Speedster just gives me goosebumps it only has 7k miles, the same with my 491 convert....
I will let you guys know how the wife takes the news.... LOL

don't tell her..one she sees it..it wit luv at first sight..me thinks... :icon501:

I paid dearly the first pcar I bought without her knowing..lol..was like..do we have a visitor when she came home..

shaynes 03-06-2007 10:28 AM

Oh no I have learned my lesson with that, once the car is delivered to my wrench she will find out, and if it is a no go, it is a no go, man I know my limits and where to push, and I can sit here and tell you that I am the man of the house and all that crap, but if you look at my signature you will see that I am very lucky to have a wife that puts up with Porsches, so she is the deciding factor and she already knows about the 930 coming my way and that is for me... but it should be cool... I make no bones about it , she can make or break Porsche deals.. but I do buy first and ask later... LOL

Wilder 03-06-2007 05:58 PM

shaynes: you won me to it!!! I called two hours after you first called and 15 minutes after you called with wire confirmation. I was second in line but got the call from Jeff a couple of hours ago to give me the bad news (that you had wired the full balance). You got a hell of a deal and hope your wife enjoys the car. Congrats.

Cactus 03-06-2007 06:56 PM

Did you but the Speedster in PA?

rj777 03-06-2007 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
lol..the Tip is way fun when driven with intention

+1. Agreed. There is nothing wrong with the tip version of these cars. It's still faster than 92% of all other cars on the planet. ;) :)

Shaynes, congrats on your purchase.

My '98 C2 cab tip is a local, one-owner, 'celebrity' trade-in to Thoroughbred that I stumbled across a few years ago (Jan 2002) just after the economy tanked after 9/11. Thoroughbred was having trouble selling it, so they sold it to Dixie Motors (a high-end pre-owned place here) which is where I happened to see it/fall for it. I'm pleased to report that I've just completed 5 years--and 30k miles--of blissful 993 ownership with an absolute minimum of issues.

I hope you enjoy many happy miles with your new 993.

Regards,

- rick

Robert Collins - 96 993TT 03-06-2007 11:59 PM

"Kudos to Robert. This is what the Rennlist is for. Maybe Shaynes should pay a bird dog to Robert???"

LOL!! :thumbup: No need for that.... I am honestly just happy that I was able to connect multiple parties where everyone wins. Bottom line: dealer made money and turned it quick, Jeff (salesman) got paid a nice commission on a profit, shaynes got a GREAT DEAL and will be in the money in this car for the forseeable future regardless, and I got to help a fellow Rennlister. Everyone wins!!

That's what I love about this place: we all try to share enough info to help each other accomplish their own individual goals of Porsche ownership...even if we don't necessarily know what they are. Information can be a good thing if used wisely.

Now if I could just get that 2006 Cayenne TT S for an even trade on my 2002 M5 we would all be set!! :biggulp: and yes, I have been drinking....LOL! :biggulp:

Robert Collins - 96 993TT 03-07-2007 12:02 AM

And like Rick said, Tip may not be for everyone but it's still alot of fun. I will tell you I drove the Cayenne TT S and intentionally used the Tip on it to check it out, based on Jeff's recommendation. DAMN!!! That was alot of fun. Yes, I know it's 520 horses, but still the Tip made virtually instanteaneous shifts. I would be interested in how the Tip from 10 years ago compares.

shaynes 03-07-2007 08:34 AM

Thanks again Robert, the post was much appreciated.

Robert Collins - 96 993TT 03-07-2007 12:07 PM

not a problem, happy to do it. You just have to promise to post pictures of it when you get a cleaned up. Now that I think of it, we deserve pics of all your Porsches!!! Cmon! :-)

shaynes 03-07-2007 12:46 PM

I will when it gets to my wrench , he will take some great ones, I have a feeling I am going to have to decide between the C2s and the 930, she probably will only let me keep one of them, but I will deal with that when the time comes.

TRINITONY 03-07-2007 01:52 PM

I will when it gets to my wrench , he will take some great ones, I have a feeling I am going to have to decide between the C2s and the 930, she probably will only let me keep one of them, but I will deal with that when the time comes.

Let your wrench change the transmission fluid and the gear oil.

Some tips if ur never driven a tippy... drive in manual mode most times...if you in traffic or having coffee and on local roads, slip it into third and it will shift at the right rpm. If you think you need more power, supercharge her and she will run by the TT. :icon107: -> https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/334954-tried-out-a-supercharged-993-yesterday-wow.html

shaynes 03-07-2007 01:55 PM

Thanks for the Tip, no pun intended, well ok, it was intended... I am very familiar with the trans, I have owned just a few P cars, and I have two of them currently.

Wilder 03-07-2007 06:56 PM

shaynes: I was second in line to buy it from the dealer. Let me know if you decide to sell it.

clubrcr 03-23-2007 06:46 PM

Shaynes:

Just curious, did you keep the car or flip it. I was EBAY this mroning and Michael Willhoit has this one for sale..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...95813150QQrdZ1

shaynes 03-23-2007 06:49 PM

Oh man the people at Mount Vesuvious had it easy when I told her I bought a silver 930 and the C2s, we have several cars already..... so 930 is already gone, and Micheal is selling the c2s, it needed alot of attention, servicing, wheels repainted etc,etc, but that is done.. I know when to pick my battles and this wasn't it... so yes it is for sale.. Michael is a very good friend and my broker.

allill 03-23-2007 06:56 PM

man, that was the deal of the century!

mjsporsche 03-23-2007 09:18 PM

Capitalism..its a beautiful thing. :thumbsup:

Wilder 03-23-2007 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Burdell
With low miles like that, $31K is insane. I should buy it and flip it - unless there's a story, there's $10K to be had in that deal.

I guess we were a little too slow...

jago 03-23-2007 09:50 PM

dang. love a white 993. a tip too (i like em). good deal.

shaynes 03-24-2007 08:22 AM

Capitalism is great no doubt, but Marriage in some cases is better... look at what we hold now, she has alot of patience.. I took a chance and lost big time, as in the lease on my daily is up soon, and I have been informed we will be looking at wagons or vans... So I think I crossed that line in the sand...now lets see if I can turn this into a Cayenne, although I have too say , they kill you with the options on those damn things... it is hard to make that a better deal than an X5 or a Bimmer Wagon.

doberdog 03-24-2007 10:39 AM

I looked at the Cayenne and X5 and the X5 was such a good deal. Porsche have to adjust their options to compete wth BMW, plus the interest rate on the lease was about half the cost at BMW.

hddude 03-24-2007 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Capitalism..its a beautiful thing. :thumbsup:

Only on a Porsche "enthusiast" website would car flippers be admired.