993 Forum 1995-1998

911Chips.com - any feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by godxilla
You may have missed my original post in this thread. I mentioned that I know Pelican has lots of praise about his 3.2 chips. I am looking for some info on the 993 chips he sells.

Thanks
My point was if you want to know what he is doing with his 993 chips, ask him. I was letting you know Steve is a stand up guy, I don't think he's going to be this way on the 3.2 chips and then be a total shyster re: the 993's. I understand you want info on his 993 chips, not the 3.2 chips. If you want to know what he's doing with them ask him, ask if he can put you in contact w/ someone who has one. He's not going to BS you just to get you to buy a chip.

My post was a reference for Steve, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him in the future. Take it for what you feel it's worth.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:53 PM
godxilla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 993BillW
My point was if you want to know what he is doing with his 993 chips, ask him. I was letting you know Steve is a stand up guy, I don't think he's going to be this way on the 3.2 chips and then be a total shyster re: the 993's. I understand you want info on his 993 chips, not the 3.2 chips. If you want to know what he's doing with them ask him, ask if he can put you in contact w/ someone who has one. He's not going to BS you just to get you to buy a chip.

My post was a reference for Steve, I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him in the future. Take it for what you feel it's worth.
Thank for comments. Good to know.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

You asked for info about the chips and I gave it to you. I am very happy but call Steve for more info. He is a very knowledgable guy.
Good luck and just like the Nike ad. Just do it! It's a good move.
By the way, in my last car, a 95 like yours, I had a Steve Wiener chip. That was also very good and made a noticable difference as well.
He is a walking encylopedia!
Cheers
Old 02-28-2007, 09:57 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used this chip (911Chips) in my '95 993 for about a year and absolutely loved it. The car idled more smoothly and definitely revved up faster, especially between 4k to redline. I took the car on a long trip from SoCal to Moab, UT and it returned 27.5 mpg on one stretch. My 993 is gone but I still have the chip for sale at a reasonable price if anyone's interested.

Hey 993MAN, I was just down in your neck of the woods driving through both the North and South Islands but didn't encounter very many P-cars. A few Boxsters and some pre-993 Carreras. You've got some nice open roads for driving, despite being on the wrong side of the road and unsympathetic cops. I still need to pay a fine for doing 114 km/h (about 71mph) in a 100 zone. That won't even draw CHP's attention here.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Most chips being sold are just copies of other chips being sold, i.e. If one doesn't "meet" your
expectations, then most will supply another copy or a modified copy. Hardly much originality,
since it's so easy to copy (5 minutes) or make mods (20 minutes) to get the "It seems to be
more responsive, a little." after installation.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Slaaw
You should have called in for a coffee. All you had to do was ring!
Yep the cops think it's fun and love ruining a Porsche drivers day.
They DEFINATLEY single us out from the crowd. I know.
If you are back in the States why even pay the fine? Do you think they might extrodite you? I'd just tell them to come and get you and that way you get another holiday, but for free.
We do have some great roads here but they are littered with camera's and Police which kind of takes the edge off. Like any local in any part of the world though, we all have our special places that we can have some great fun.
Glad you had a good time all the same. It's a great country when all said and done. Very few P Cars like you say but we like that!
Cheers
Old 03-01-2007, 02:26 AM
deltawedge
Racer

I can attest to the differences in chips. My 95 came with an Andial chip that had some issues (cutoff was random and occurred between 5900-6300 rpm). In their defense, I did call Andial to see what they could do and they said that they had "trouble" with those chips and did not sell them anymore, but had no solution.

After installing Steve Weiner's chip, the results were obvious. The Andial chip had the idle at 900-1000 rpm, Steve's chip was 800 rpm. No stalling issues at all, but I still have the dual mass flywheel. The second change was in the rpm cutoff point. Steve's chip had a soft cutoff around 6700 rpm everytime. The Andial chip completely cutoff eveything and felt like the throttle had been abruptly closed. Drivablity off idle was smoother (no bucking and jerking) with Steve's chip. With all that said, Steve's chip and the age of my motor require more than 91 octane (a 100/91 mix to 93 mix seems to work well). As has been said many times here, detonation is never good and can be very bad. So if high octane fuel is not available in your area, you may want to rethink your chip decision.

Now, I have not driven with the stock mapping so I can't compare against stock, but I wouldn't go looking for a stock chip to replace Steve's. Just another happy customer.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:08 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 911 chips

It's said already, just sent him an email steve@911chips.com and he'll reply you extensively. You try it and if you dont like it you sent it back. He's absolutely stand up. I'm in Bangkok and he sent me a chip following my request for low quality fuel, standard rev limiter (you can tell him what you want) and better throttle response. It works a dream and he recently emailed me that he's improving on it and will sent a next version. Give it a try.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:50 AM
godxilla
Advanced

I just installed the chip from 911chips.com. didnt have to take off my seat. went for a little test ride. definitely a difference, more responsive, rpms climb faster. so far so good...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 AM
BEATSPX
Advanced

Glad to hear things are off to a good start!

Were you planning on getting a LWF?

I keep asking about chip compatibility with LWF because it seems to have made such a truly impressive difference in performance, in my case (and this is subjective since I haven't had it put on a dyno, a before & after assessment can't be proven in my case).

Then again, perhaps the chip can handle it and you're all set!
John
Old 03-07-2007, 02:47 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Slaaw, I sent you a PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:44 AM
polaris 993 sport
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

i have a 95-polaris silver sport chassis and euro sport suspention(factory) c2 chipped in 97 by auto authority-plus euro Porsche cats with only 25 % restriction-motor sound package-i have found it more responsive and it has driven by over three dealers in the last seven years-and the vote was-it was really dialed in-i maybe slightly bias though-but worth the thought-does the 1/4 mile in 12 and sixty in5.1- and huver at 175mph not a slow poke-good luck-cheers
Old 03-11-2007, 06:51 PM
godxilla
Advanced

I now have had the 911chip in my car for about a week and so far definitely happy with it. The car idles a bit higher, but better. It has smoother revving at lower rpms. I feel a difference over 2k rpm and up. much more responsive too.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought slaaw's 911chips chip and put it in my car last night. Yes, Virginia, the chip makes a difference! I put my foot into it a few times and it definitely pulls harder and even sounds a bit meaner (stock exhaust - for now ). I'll have to drive it some more to really get a feel for it. It's almost scary that the engine is putting out noticeably more power, but I figure the Varioram cars do the same without grenading, so my '95 with a little extra oomph is fine.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Olav A.
Racer

Originally Posted by brucec59
I bought slaaw's 911chips chip and put it in my car last night. Yes, Virginia, the chip makes a difference! I put my foot into it a few times and it definitely pulls harder and even sounds a bit meaner (stock exhaust - for now ). I'll have to drive it some more to really get a feel for it. It's almost scary that the engine is putting out noticeably more power, but I figure the Varioram cars do the same without grenading, so my '95 with a little extra oomph is fine.
Your sig picture is cool. I'm gonna take a pic of mine when it gets there too!

Quick Reply: 911Chips.com - any feedback?