Sponsored by:

While I'm in there (RMS & clutch)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:45 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
Don't know your mileage, and assuming you are doing an engine drop, how are your spark plug wires?
Sparks plug wires were replaced at 47K miles (currently have 60K miles) 2 years ago. They were indeed in pretty bad shape (insulation had cracked in several locations).
Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Follow-up
Just got my car back: no more RMS leak for now, the clutch pedal is incredibly lighter (and no more hanging problem either), the clutch engage much smoother and more progressively while shifting gears feels easier. From the look of the old parts, the flywheel was still in fairly good condition (just a little blue on the surface), but the clutch was worn to the rivets, the clutch release fork and shaft were worn, the clutch slave cylinder was toast, the clutch master cylinder looked OK (but who knows what it looked inside). My mechanic also found that the valve cover gaskets were leaking, especially on the driver side (straight onto the exhaust manifold hence the burning oil smell that I could occasionally notice) and replaced the gaskets on both sides. Added to a full 60K miles service, it feels like driving a brand new car. I am happy! Let's drive now...
Old 05-03-2007, 11:27 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Sounds good Arnaud!
Doing some work on my car over the next 2-3 weeks, will see you at the end of the month in Toronto.

Quick Reply: While I'm in there (RMS & clutch)