993 Forum 1995-1998

RSD Rear Seat Delete - Can you build one PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Are you looking in the cabriolet shown in your avatar or a coupe? According to PET the cabriolet has no RSD specific harness so the connectors have to be tucked under the carpet somewhere.
I am looking in a 95 cabriolet. All I found was the harness for the top motors on the firewall. I also felt around where the belts (female end) bolt in to the tub. I can post pics. You have me scratching my head I would love to find them if they are there.

mike
Old 02-21-2007, 03:03 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Be happy to measure any part. what do you need measured. Since the top part of the RSD is an odd shape I would suggest getting a piece of heavy cardboard and make a template. Take the template and trace it on the plywood and cut it out. I can measure anything you need though so just ask. That sucks I won't see the car in March. Terry has just left for Phoenix anyway. he will be back in a week, but just to close on his house. What part of AZ are you moving to? I am sure he will end up turning wrenches out there as he has over 20 years on Porsches.
It would be fabulous if you could make a template out of construction paper of the top and side pieces.

I may be headed to Mesa, AZ, but I will not know that for a few months...

In the mean time, I still may be able to swing my car your direction for a deep cleaning - as long as you can stand the sight of SUV height
Old 02-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rkb
It would be fabulous if you could make a template out of construction paper of the top and side pieces.

I may be headed to Mesa, AZ, but I will not know that for a few months...

In the mean time, I still may be able to swing my car your direction for a deep cleaning - as long as you can stand the sight of SUV height
I can do a template when were you thinking of bringing the car down? Doing the template and mailing it is probably not a good idea.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:06 PM
smddanny
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A question about the RSD. What color should it be? Probably was supplied black for a black car, but my coupe is cashmere on the inside and I have only found a black rsd. Do you think that Porsche would have supplied a black RSD in a cashmere interior? My dash and rear speaker shelf are black...

Thanks
Danny
96 993 T .. would love to have an rsd .. I have one in my '68 soft window targa.. that one is red for a red interior.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:10 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smddanny
A question about the RSD. What color should it be? Probably was supplied black for a black car, but my coupe is cashmere on the inside and I have only found a black rsd. Do you think that Porsche would have supplied a black RSD in a cashmere interior? My dash and rear speaker shelf are black...

Thanks
Danny
96 993 T .. would love to have an rsd .. I have one in my '68 soft window targa.. that one is red for a red interior.
It should match your carpeting IMHO. My RSD came w/cashmere carpeting and tan vinyl bin doors...carpet was in poor shape so I recovered it and since I had leftover black leather lying around from a DIY project I recovered the bin doors and kept the two-tone color theme (I have pics uploaded in a prior post).

Quick Reply: RSD Rear Seat Delete - Can you build one PICS