Finally posted my 993 for sale - I'm officially sad

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:59 PM
jrok
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Jumping right into the deep end, eh?
Good luck with the Stohr, it is a whole different world.
Yeah, Jeremy's pushing me to get serious and go race with him. I'm a little scared honestly, but I'm sure I can beat him. That's why he thinks I'll be ok.

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
Stohr CSR? Whats that? Too lazy to Google it...
Here it is:

Old 02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
allill
Drifting

Originally Posted by jrok
Yeah, Jeremy's pushing me to get serious. I'm a little scared honestly, but I'm sure I can beat him. That's why he thinks I'll be ok.

Here it is:
that looks absolutly nuts! i love it!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Jerry,
You ought to talk to Sunday Driver (Mark Dalen), he races a Stohr in DSR and has done quit well with the car.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
jrok
Racer

Originally Posted by nota_troll
18k miles? Someone needs to turn the key a bit more often. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks, It was a Sunny Sunday only car.

Originally Posted by LJ in Van
You have great taste in cars, but I'm biassed. GL with the sale.
Thanks, you too.

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
Jerry,
You ought to talk to Sunday Driver (Mark Dalen), he races a Stohr in DSR and has done quit well with the car.
Both Jeremy and I have already been in contact with Mark about what we've all learned about the cars after working on them all last season. Very nice guy.

Originally Posted by DJF1
Someone at my local PCA told me when he heard I was prepping to buy a race car, that unless I'm ready to purchase the car and then throw it off a cliff without even having second thoughts about it, not to do it... Wise man indeed and his words came very true 2 years ago at Sebring which effectively put me out of racing for the past 2 years. No I was not ready to throw it off a cliff either, but the moral of the story is that if you total the race car, you are out of luck and out of your dream car.
I really dont want to spoil the party so to speak, but I just want to caution you from my experience. In my case I was very fortunate to be able to keep my 993 and get a race car. If I had sold my 993 to finance my race car like you do, I would have been pretty miserable the past 2 years...
Good luck to you, you truly have a gorgeous 993.
BTW if that car was at RPM it would be selling North of 50 grand...
Thanks DJ, your advice is well taken. I would be lying if I said I was not very scared about this whole adventure. The fact is that all of my friends are currently racing sports racers and would like me to join them -- and I would like to. Racing the Boxster isn't very smart either but once I got started into it I just couldn't think about anything else. I raced all summer last year and was either at the track or working on the cars -- I hardly drove the 993 at all last summer for the first time ever. I would love to keep it and still race but something has to give and I have to choose a direction because I'm not financially able to do both. Thanks for your kind advice.

Quick Reply: Finally posted my 993 for sale - I'm officially sad