Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT : Going to San Diego this weekend (maybe longer)....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
the weather. It never gets cold there. I moved to the Central Coast, paso Robles. It do get cold here. Forget about riding a bike year round, unless you really want to layer up...I don't. Another great excuse to sit on my butt!

We rented out our Solana Beach house...we'll be back to SD in 2008!
+1...my wife and I live in Solana Beach now. Hope to never leave. Here's the view from the bluffs nearby (in January) for those who've never been....I can't imagine ever complaining about the weather.
Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2007, 03:46 AM
pinoysche
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do not have a plan this Saturday morning, let me know. I will lend you my Black C4S have breakfast in Rancho Santa Fe and meet with my P- friends.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mind Over Motorsports
+1...my wife and I live in Solana Beach now. Hope to never leave. Here's the view from the bluffs nearby (in January) for those who've never been....I can't imagine ever complaining about the weather.
From that spot, you would have passed Martin's Brigantine (a great spot indeed) on the lefthand side about 7 minutes prior. On the left, I think you can turn left on Carmel Valley Rd. where there's a Roberto's on the left and you can get yo'self a carne asada burrito. Or, keep going straight to yonder hill into Torrey Pines, where the hang gliders jump off, then Torrey Pines Golf course, which some call the "best public golf course in the world."

Yes, stay away. Stay very far away. Don't know why anyone would ever want to come here.

PS- +1 on Pizza Port. Also, growing up in DC (hence the screen name) I'm a total museum snob. I'm used to world class for free, so contrary to other people's recommendations, I never invested much time in the little SD museums ("I have to pay?") except the Zoo, of course.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dcdude68
From that spot, you would have passed Martin's Brigantine (a great spot indeed) on the lefthand side about 7 minutes prior. On the left, I think you can turn left on Carmel Valley Rd. where there's a Roberto's on the left and you can get yo'self a carne asada burrito. Or, keep going straight to yonder hill into Torrey Pines, where the hang gliders jump off, then Torrey Pines Golf course, which some call the "best public golf course in the world."

Yes, stay away. Stay very far away. Don't know why anyone would ever want to come here.

PS- +1 on Pizza Port. Also, growing up in DC (hence the screen name) I'm a total museum snob. I'm used to world class for free, so contrary to other people's recommendations, I never invested much time in the little SD museums ("I have to pay?") except the Zoo, of course.
You should change your name to "google earth guy"...got the spot perfectly!! I agree with your food rec's although Pizza (which sadly I'm partly made of), I have to add in Best-a-Wan in Cardiff. Great Pizza, great atmosphere too.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:11 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BTW not everywhere in the Gaslamp is a draft beer $8. I know a place that brews it's own world class beer and it's only $4.75!!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:14 PM
alpinadvl
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by pinoysche
If you do not have a plan this Saturday morning, let me know. I will lend you my Black C4S have breakfast in Rancho Santa Fe and meet with my P- friends.
Wow. that's very generous of you. But I could not take a fellow Rennlister's car (without knowing him of course!)....On the otherhand.....Black C4s....

Thanks again for the offer !

--> It sounds like the San Diegans are all having a great party down there!

Maroonedlandshark, thanks for cutting thru to more of the day-to-day issues of San Diego, it is something I have been made increasingly aware of!

Mac993, I will send you a pm... would love to stop by your place if I have time (thanks for the invitation!)
Old 02-14-2007, 11:29 PM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's going to be a lousy weekend so you may want to change your plans (forecast 70+) . I’ll be at Bandon Dunes for the long weekend , but enjoy our GREAT city. One of the few without any pro team stats to speak of, so NYC will always Trump us !!

Quick Reply: OT : Going to San Diego this weekend (maybe longer)....