Sponsored by:

riviera blue 993 & greetings

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:54 AM
avidtest
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riviera blue 993 & greetings

Greetings all. Brand new member here and my 1st post. I don't yet own a Porsche. However, I've been bitten and feel the need to get one. I'd really like to get a nice loud color, preferably riviera blue. If not that, then possibly speed yellow.

Unfortunately, riviera blue appears to be quite rare. Does anyone know where I can find production numbers for the 993 that will show the number of riviera blue 993's that made it to the U.S.?

BTW, my ideal car will be a coupe (no cab) with manual (no tip) C2 or possibly C2S and have locking diff. Any after market goodies like PSS9 suspension, lightweight flywheel/RS clutch, fabspeed bypass are considered a plus in my book. Mileage wouldn't be that big a factor, but good records and good maintenance will be. OK, that being said, I'd certainly consider changes to that spec as long as it were riviera blue, the exceptions being no cab and no tip.

So...if any of you have one, know someone who has one, or just have a lead on one, and want it to go to a good home at a reasonable price, be sure to let me know. I'm near San Diego btw, but will travel nearly anywhere in the U.S. for the right one.

I sure hope I get some replies. I'm dangerously close to breaking down and just going out to buy one of the more common colors just to relieve the jones'in.

Anyway, glad to be a new member.

Cheers,

Shannon
Old 02-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to RL.

An estimed member named Harvey Yancey has a 95 RS clone for sale. The price is very competitive given the cost of extras on the car.

GP white though. See FS 95 993 RS clone
Old 02-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Welcome, Shannon! It sounds like maybe you and Bill Verburg need to do a trade on the white 993RS clone that Harvey Yancey is selling for his buddy.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:09 PM
LuftKopf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great choice!

I am just about to take possession of a new machine, and haven't decided which one I may sell but IF and when the Riviera coupe hits the block, I'll let you know. I feel like a polygamist. I love them all, but in different ways! My wife wants to keep the cab, but the coupe roars.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:14 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I learned while neck-deep in my search is the more specifie you are, the longer the search and the higher the price. I had 5 colors on my list and spent just over a year looking. Ironically, the color I got wasn't on the list!!

Good luck with the searsh, and if you find production numbers by color, please let me know what Pastel Yellow in 1997 was. I had no luck with PCNA (they told me they had no access to that kind of information).
Old 02-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Here's a link to the white 993 RS clone: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/329969-fs-1995-993-rs-clone.html
Old 02-10-2007, 12:26 PM
justin993
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

there are 2 low mile speed yellow c2 coupes on holtmotorsports.com, no affiliation.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:28 PM
avidtest
Racer

Thank for the welcome guys. In my haste, I forgot to mention that white was also a consideration.....so I just emailed Harvey.

And froogleyankee, you are surely toying with me! :-) Unfortunately, patience hasn't traditionally been one of my stronger points. I'm afraid I'm going to end up with a car that is 'acceptable' to me, but not what I 'really want'.....so.....when are you expecting delivery of your new ride?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:56 PM
samsnead
Pro

I saw the yellow coupes at holt, gorgeous. If I had the money, I'd be all over that 95' at 43,500.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:28 PM
LuftKopf
Pro

New ride arrives end of Feb.
Sorry for toying with you avid. White rocks too...
Also, re the many member PMs (yikes!) I'll let you know if and when it's selling but, I think summer at the earliest, if that.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello avidtest ,
Interested in a 95 Gurds Red with 25k miles and many (IMO) nice upgrades?

95' Guards Red 993, 25k miles,18" RUF wheels,PSS9,MO30 sway bars,leather pole position seats,GT3 al shifter,al pedals,al gauge rings,GT3 three spoke steering wheel with silver crest,TT tail,TT-S bumper,euro aero side skirts,car graphic strut bar,BK harness bar,motor sound mufflers and air lid cover,rennsport chip,HID kit,a/d/s amp & speakers, Alpine cd stereo

AL Z
Old 02-10-2007, 06:14 PM
avidtest
Racer

Looks like I'll be getting the white RS clone posted on the forum earlier, if all goes well w/ the PPI next week. (See, I told you guys I don't have any patience).

BTW, I did find a riviera blue one for sale in TX. Dealer's customer wants $46K for it if anyone's interested. It is absolutely beautiful, but the white RS clone has too many goodies to pass up. One odd observation on the blue one: it's got a big rear wing, but no front spoiler....ready for lift-off.

My membership is to new here at rennlist and won't yet allow me to post web links, but for anyone that is interested in it, you can search for it on autotrader. It's in the 78669 zip code and listed for $44.5K. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and he had already sold it, but called me back today and said the customer apparently now wants a turbo and wants to sell the blue for $46K. Dealer is International Sports Cars in Spicewood TX. No affiliation btw.

Shannon
Old 02-10-2007, 08:53 PM
alpinadvl
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by avidtest
...I'd really like to get a nice loud color, preferably riviera blue. If not that, then possibly speed yellow...

ONLY in this forum....will someone consider "speed yelllow" too mellow or too toned down for their use!!!! LOL !!!! I love that sentence!

Old 02-10-2007, 11:45 PM
LuftKopf
Pro

BTW, I did find a riviera blue one for sale in TX. Dealer's customer wants $46K for it if anyone's interested. It is absolutely beautiful, but the white RS clone has too many goodies to pass up. One odd observation on the blue one: it's got a big rear wing, but no front spoiler....ready for lift-off.

My membership is to new here at rennlist and won't yet allow me to post web links, but for anyone that is interested in it, you can search for it on autotrader. It's in the 78669 zip code and listed for $44.5K. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and he had already sold it, but called me back today and said the customer apparently now wants a turbo and wants to sell the blue for $46K. Dealer is International Sports Cars in Spicewood TX. No affiliation btw.

Shannon
Lighting can be tricky w/photographs of Porsche Blues... in a couple of those shots, that TX car looks a little "Mexico-ish" to me. Check the codes to confirm.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,219 Likes on 1,853 Posts

Looks like I'll be getting the white RS clone posted on the forum earlier, if all goes well w/ the PPI next week. (See, I told you guys I don't have any patience).
You are one lucky dude. I saw the posting this morning for the RS clone and it kept me salivating all day. Even though I'm not looking for a car like this now, I have thought about buying or building an RS clone and this car got me to the point of thinking I should make an offer. I returned home to contact the owner and found this post. Guess it wasn't meant to be mine. Love the GPW!!!

Quick Reply: riviera blue 993 & greetings