911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 160 Posts

yes.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:17 PM
944kid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice. I was looking on cars.com for something like that on my car, when it dawned upon me that...it could have been made by you!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

just be careful about R32s you might see for sale on vwvortex,

many kiddies overmod them - void the warranty (easy to do on a VW) and they don't run right, etc.

but there are 100% stock engine ones there too..

..just run from any of the heavily modified ones (Mine is still mostly stock, and I still have my warranty and I have used it a few times already for little things like oil pan gasket leaking)
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Harold_C
Track Day

Originally Posted by ceboyd
just be careful about R32s you might see for sale on vwvortex,

many kiddies overmod them - void the warranty (easy to do on a VW) and they don't run right, etc.
I would apply that to all used vehicles. The number one thing I would stay away from is an aftermarket stereo. 9 out of 10 jobs out there hack the car/harness in such a way that it could pose trouble down the line. The last thing you want in any modern car is to have electrical gremlins. I've seem too many hack jobs, even from reputable stereo shops, to even consider buying a car with anything electronically aftermarket.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Jukelemon
Racer

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
realllllllllllllllly loook.... the only ones I've seen in that price range have been salvaged..
You are looking in the wrong place. Go to the M3 forum on line. I have seen three in the past couple months go for that. Hell, I was going to sell mine for 27k a month ago and it is pristine, lowered, chipped with sport exhaust in TiAg over black leather-loaded.

30k will get you into a cab or an o2 coupe.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:11 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 296 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Jukelemon
You are looking in the wrong place. Go to the M3 forum on line. I have seen three in the past couple months go for that. Hell, I was going to sell mine for 27k a month ago and it is pristine, lowered, chipped with sport exhaust in TiAg over black leather-loaded.

30k will get you into a cab or an o2 coupe.
sir...I've been/ on M3forum..was on there a min ago...
Old 02-08-2007, 07:32 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Harold_C
I would apply that to all used vehicles. The number one thing I would stay away from is an aftermarket stereo. 9 out of 10 jobs out there hack the car/harness in such a way that it could pose trouble down the line. The last thing you want in any modern car is to have electrical gremlins. I've seem too many hack jobs, even from reputable stereo shops, to even consider buying a car with anything electronically aftermarket.

do you realize that most simple aftermarket stereo's are plug n play these days? they plug right into the wire harness...

but I kept my factory HU and can easily turn mine back to stock if/when I ever want to sell it...

I guess I'm fortunate to have a dealer that doesn't void my warranty based on an aftermarket HU
Old 02-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Harold_C
Track Day

Originally Posted by ceboyd
do you realize that most simple aftermarket stereo's are plug n play these days? they plug right into the wire harness...

but I kept my factory HU and can easily turn mine back to stock if/when I ever want to sell it...

I guess I'm fortunate to have a dealer that doesn't void my warranty based on an aftermarket HU
I meant an entire system: HU, amps, speakers, subs, etc.

Just this past summer, worked on an '05 M3 that had a known stereo place install a full system. Only to find out that when they were screwing in the sub box, they inadvertently drilled through one of the gas lines. Fortunately it was only the vent return line, but boy did it stink in that car! Worst part is that they didn't even realize it at the time. The owner kept smelling gas in the cabin and was wondering if the supercharger we had installed had an issue. I knew my end was good.....
Old 02-09-2007, 11:16 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

ok fair enough
Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Jukelemon
Racer

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
sir...I've been/ on M3forum..was on there a min ago...
They are gone now friend ( :

Trust me, you can get them for that amount and like I said, I would let mine go for 27k right now.

Interested ( :
Old 02-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Harold_C
Track Day

Originally Posted by Jukelemon
They are gone now friend ( :

Trust me, you can get them for that amount and like I said, I would let mine go for 27k right now.

Interested ( :
nice - that's what I'm probably going to get for mine as well, but stock. Unless someone wants all of the mods on my car. That way I don't have to work and convert it back to stock.

Quick Reply: OT: Replacement Commuter Car