Sponsored by:

OT: 993 for 9k...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 04:26 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy 1
If you can see a rear emblem, you've got sharper eyes than I. Agreed on the gear shift, but are the brake calipers on a vanilla C4's a different color? I thought they were all black.

This is pretty baffling. The odometer raises the stench of seafood, but still, I'm intrigued, as the motor and interior look relatively clean.
It's not a matter of what the emblem says, but rather the color. The rear emblem on dark colored C4's is silver, along with the calipers, along with the top of the shifter.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:28 PM
ClaesM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would anyone try to sell at that price if it is a serious deal? No-one would probably pay in advance anyway...
Old 01-30-2007, 04:29 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Originally Posted by InTheAir
It's not a matter of what the emblem says, but rather the color. The rear emblem on dark colored C4's is silver, along with the calipers, along with the top of the shifter.
I'm saying I don't see a badge, period. I see some possible distortion of pixels that might suggest a badge, but I wouldn't bet the farm something was there.

Like I said, if you see something of any color, your eyes are better than mine.

If this is a scam, this has got to be one of the worse ones I've seen.

Further, I thought all C4 badges were "titanium" colored, regardless of paint tint? Wrong?
Old 01-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bid on it!!! Wish me LUCK!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:37 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Further, I thought all C4 badges were "titanium" colored, regardless of paint tint? Wrong?
You're correct, Randy. Poor wording on my part. I was trying to suggest that the color difference of a C4 emblem on that black car would be visible if the emblem was there, but obviously it could be removed.

If this is a scam, this has got to be one of the worse ones I've seen.
And if it isn't a scam, the ad is even worse.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:45 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I just asked to be able to bid and threw in the question about the odometer reading vs. the stated mileage in the listing.
I also threw in a question about a PPI - repeating several times that I would pay for all aspects of the PPI.
Time to sit back and watch the excuses fly.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:54 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

You "bidders" could probably use the information here when the same car was posted on eBay....oh, by the way, the "previous" seller had a revelation during the auction and realized it is a C2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLACK...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Jack of Hearts
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the E-bay auction the reserve was $30,000. Plus the car was in Florida. Still think it's a scam. rkb and Leland....let us know.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:57 PM
99three
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beware of the phishers out there. If it sounds like a duck...
Old 01-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

...will...

...resist...
Old 01-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Jack of Hearts
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The listing has been removed from E-Bay.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

I received the following from EBay:
eBay sent this message to Russell Burton (rkb993).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
SP NOTICE: eBay Ask Seller a Question or Contact eBay Member Alert

Dear rkb993 :

Our records indicate that you recently sent an email to or received an email from bigbearcity0 through the eBay email system (you may have sent an email to this member through Ask Seller a Question or received an email from this member through Contact eBay Member).

Sometimes eBay accounts are used to send email solicitations for transactions outside of eBay, or to send unrelated questions in hopes that you will respond so the other party can obtain your email address. Please keep in mind, sales that take place outside of eBay are not eligible for any eBay or PayPal protective services and you run the risk of losing your money or your item if you complete these transactions.

The best way to tell if you're actually transacting on eBay is:
1. Open a new browser and type www.ebay.com.
2. Click on My eBay and sign in.
3. Check to see that the transaction you have either bid on or completed appears in Items I've Won or Items I've Sold and that the buyer or seller of the item corresponds to the user in the email transaction.
Note: If the transaction does not appear in My eBay, then the transaction is outside of eBay and is unsafe.
We would encourage you to review the eBay pages related to Fraud Protection below for information on steps you can take to ensure that your transactions are successful:

For more information and to report offers to buy or sell outside eBay:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ebay-sale.html

Information for transactions made off eBay:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-fraud-non-ebay.html

Information for defrauded sellers:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-f...d-sellers.html

Information on eBay Buyer Protection Programs:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/isgw-b...ion-steps.html

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

I don't think they send messages like this out to unless there is potential reason for concern about the "honesty" of the seller.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:01 AM
DocTock993
Rennlist Member

And this just showed up:
Dear Sir,

I am glad you are interested in this car.I am a private seller and the owner of the vehicle.First I want you to know that I am currently located in Yukon (Canada).My wife is devastated that we have to sell it but I have to pay a down payment for my new house here in Canada and I need to sell it as quick as possible.The car is 100% working and perfect looking,no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no flood or wrecked and it is an US clear title,no engine problems,the interior looks great.Since the car is going to be shipped from Canada you must add an extra cost of $590.00 for delivery,this extra amount will be paid once the car arrive at your location.

The price for this car is $9,300.00.I ask for a payment through eBay Motors purchase program.The most important thing in all my activities is that I am affiliated at eBay Motors vehicle purchase program and I have a Purchase Protection Account for $20,000.00 and I assume you know what this means.I'll be glad to tell you more about my terms of payment, please let me know if your still interested.

Best Regards !!!

PS: use this link into your browser to view actual pictures with my car

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/sclaviip...60762387668345
Hmmm, how much you want to bet there will be a problem with my having a Rennlister from "Yukon" take a look at the car for me...
Old 01-31-2007, 12:15 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by rkb
And this just showed up:

Hmmm, how much you want to bet there will be a problem with my having a Rennlister from "Yukon" take a look at the car for me...

Dayumm, u actually got a response..these people are unbelieveable....
Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Energy9
Advanced

I got the same emai so I had to respond as follows:

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your promp response. I always wanted a car like this but never thought that I could afford one until I saw your ad. I will be up all night thinking about my self driving a car like that , a dream come true. I have so many frequent flyer miles I think I will use some to buy a one way ticket and pick the car up myself. I look forward to visiting Yukon since it looks so pretty in the pictures with the car and all the palm trees and all. Do the palm tress have ripe coco nuts this time of the year.
Better for you also since I can pay you more. I can not belive your luck and mine also. I have a bank cheque of $18,000 canadian which is way more than your asking that I will give you for the car and a $2,000 cash to last me for my needs of gasline, food, smokes, liquor and motel rooms to share with all the hot ladies I will pick up with the car. Please let me know what your addres and tel # is so I can get there as soon as possible.

Regards,

Quick Reply: OT: 993 for 9k...