Sponsored by:

OT: my last 6 years is a blurr..

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm really sorry for your pain...Everything happens for a reason my mom has been telling me for the past 30+ years. It is true and while you dont believe it now, you will know it in the future and count your blessings. I guess each one of us has their stories, but the one thing I learned from past relationships was not to mourn the loss, but celebrate the great times we had together and look forward to the future. I know...easier said than done, but try to go out and enjoy yourself. Being single for a bit its not that bad you know! LOL
As for the 4 legged friends that everyone is suggesting, I'm with you on the dog issue, no back yard, no doggie.... On the other hand me, the ultimate dog lover, have now 2 cats! They are easy to take care, they do like to cuddle and they will be your new alarm clock in the morning so you never have to worry ebing late for work! If only they would learn the lesson that weekends i dont have to work
Good luck to you Chris and stay positive...
Old 01-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJF1
I'm really sorry for your pain...Everything happens for a reason my mom has been telling me for the past 30+ years. It is true and while you dont believe it now, you will know it in the future and count your blessings. I guess each one of us has their stories, but the one thing I learned from past relationships was not to mourn the loss, but celebrate the great times we had together and look forward to the future. I know...easier said than done, but try to go out and enjoy yourself. Being single for a bit its not that bad you know! LOL
As for the 4 legged friends that everyone is suggesting, I'm with you on the dog issue, no back yard, no doggie.... On the other hand me, the ultimate dog lover, have now 2 cats! They are easy to take care, they do like to cuddle and they will be your new alarm clock in the morning so you never have to worry ebing late for work! If only they would learn the lesson that weekends i dont have to work
Good luck to you Chris and stay positive...
x 2!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 442 Posts

What a shocking post. You're a brave lady to do that, and because you made yourself vulnerable like this, you'll really get the help and support that you deserve.

I've been where you're at and I know your pain. Forget about dogs by the way... they gotta go outside, they track crap into your nice home, you gotta walk them, you can't leave them for 4-5 days at a time. Get a cat - they're so easy to care for and they love humans.

Our Tonkinese and Egyptian Mau:

Seriously though... what you two shared was great for the time it lasted, but it just wasn't a match in the end. You'll find your match. We all do, eventually. Good advice to stay busy, exercise, and hang out with loving friends.

Steve R
Old 01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Hi Chris-

I'm so sorry tp hear of your personal travails. A wise gal of 19 told me when I was 17 (uh, a few moons ago), and morose as could be over my girl trouble, that everything works out for the best. I shrugged off her pollyanna attitude, but, looking back, I do believe that now (at least in most cases). Kudos to you for opening up...I think you'll find that, even if you cry while opening up and examining your perceived loss, you'll deal with those internal self-doubts and the pain much better, and come through the grieving process much more quickly. I regret the time I wasted in getting over that gal of yesteryear...and boy did I wind up with a winner! You never know what's coming around the corner at ya. Now, it's MY turn to tell somebody: you'll see...everything will work out for the best, especially if you work for it. I'll be thinking about you.
Your friend from NJ...Jim
Old 01-24-2007, 11:59 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris,
I'm really sorry to hear about this. I know your world is turned upside down. A lot of times we just go on auto pilot and when you look back, you wonder how you made it through. But the important part is that you make it through with your self respect and a re-newed strength.
Do something great for yourself on the 29th.
chuck
Old 01-25-2007, 12:38 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, lots of good advice on here and I probably can't add much more. But I wish you the best in getting through this tough time. Hang in there and remember you've got a lot to offer. Good luck on the next chapter you open.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:41 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

encouraging news from everyone is much appreciated.. thank you..

I originally told myself the "if you love someone, set them free... if meant to be, they will come back" deal but I've come to the realization that I shouldn't hold out any hope either (that's what hit me hard this morning actually but tonight I went out bowling with a brand new car group I just joined and I actually had a blast!... I feel so 'bad' that I went out so late on a school night... lol) ...but I met a super great new group of car enthusiasts tonight... who knew!

...so now I'll be bowling every wednesday for a while with a new group of car enthusiasts... They really welcomed me nicely into their fold so it was a lot of fun...
Old 01-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry to hear Chris.

Chin up and take this time to grow on your own, you'll be fine. If you need a friend to lean on, you have TONS of them all over the globe.

Take care.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:58 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Wreck Me Otter
Sorry to hear Chris.

Chin up and take this time to grow on your own, you'll be fine. If you need a friend to lean on, you have TONS of them all over the globe.

Take care.

thank you.. it's been good to hear...

right now the nights and mornings are the worst.. and I totally dread this weekend

...I guess I should be thankful I am working again so I don't sit at home all day thinking about what I did 'too little, too late' and blaming myself for it all
Old 01-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Enough with the dogs. You feed these guys once a week, and they are good snugglers. Mine loves the car. Meet Cyrus. (He's bigger now.)

As for the ex, you will get over it, as you know. You have lots of good friends here and at home, you have lots of great interests and it will be of no moment when you meet him again at the track. You had a history and it was good and after this all heals you will both respect that, and each other.

It'll be OK. Go out to the gym. It's good for you. When you return, rent a couple of movies. And buy a great big bottle of Grey Goose.

Best luck.
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2007, 09:42 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

um yeah.. I have pet birds.. birds and snakes don't mix... snake breaks out and there goes my pet macaw or african gray
Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Oh hell no. Your birds would eat these. Do we have photos of the birds? Where are you in Wilmette? I used to live on Illinois Rd.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 442 Posts

PS - Chris, I mentioned this thread and your situation to my wife last night before we went to sleep and she said "She owns a Porsche, and goes to the track, and meets all those guys? She's BOUND to meet a great guy there eventually ."

You never know...

You'll grieve for a while, and then you'll be in the right place at the right place and ... there's yet another great guy walking into your life.

Steve R
Old 01-25-2007, 10:06 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
PS - Chris, I mentioned this thread and your situation to my wife last night before we went to sleep and she said "She owns a Porsche, and goes to the track, and meets all those guys? She's BOUND to meet a great guy there eventually ."

You never know...

You'll grieve for a while, and then you'll be in the right place at the right place and ... there's yet another great guy walking into your life.

Steve R

yeah thanks.. but keep in mind I won't be driving my porsche at the track any more and I know most of the faces and people from the local track events.. they are almost all either married with families (or just married without kids yet)... ..and then there are the 20somethings too young for me that are single at the track.. lol...

..but then again, I never really was LOOKING for which guy might be single at the track (..as I had no interest in anyone else at the time so I honestly probably wouldn't have noticed and you might be right...)

It's going to be a scramble for me to get my car ready in time (up to snuff for track).. and I get the feeling my little neon will be mostly stock this season but I plan on having what fun I can with it!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:18 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Lawrence_P
Oh hell no. Your birds would eat these. Do we have photos of the birds? Where are you in Wilmette? I used to live on Illinois Rd.

yeah I do...
Poko, Pandora and Cody (Mr. Cody I call him because he is a smart little guy)
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: OT: my last 6 years is a blurr..