Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAS Roll Bar - Damaged in Shipping - Repairable ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by jugger911
I'm all over it...get off my back. I'm in Tennessee for Christ sake!...
jugger911 send me a great PM last night that I won't share...but it was a classic. He had more pressing thinks he was "handling" at the time. But he still checked Rennlist and sent me a PM. We are an odd lot. I can hear him now, "...hang on honey, I'll be right there".
Old 01-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Chuck -

You dawg ... your car is looking hawter and hawter all the time. Have you checked the rear seat travel / fitment ??? I want one too ... but I guess this is one down side for us tall guys ... some have said its not gonna work so good???

When you gonna get an RS rear spoiler on the car? Mine is still sitting in the shed.

Scott
Old 01-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott 1996 993c2
Hey Chuck -

You dawg ... your car is looking hawter and hawter all the time. Have you checked the rear seat travel / fitment ??? I want one too ... but I guess this is one down side for us tall guys ... some have said its not gonna work so good???

When you gonna get an RS rear spoiler on the car? Mine is still sitting in the shed.

Scott
What? You have a RS Shelvings in the she?
Old 01-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
What? You have a RS Shelvings in the she?
Shhhhhhh ... Lisa's not aware of that one. Found a nice Ma Shaw RS rear tail re-sale for cheap ... never been painted. It's in a BIG box in the shed. Still need RS front splitters and RS side skirts.

Just e-mailed Mike again about the DAS bar.

Scott
Old 01-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Chuck -

Scott
The 993's in the body shop as we speak having a new bumper and left fender put on. My fault... lost it on an off ramp and hit a signpost. Thus the DAS roll bar and enrollment in PCA. Next time I over drive it will be in an AX. I will also sign up for a DE. Perhaps if I had of done that sooner the car wouldn’t be in the body shop.

I ended up going with a split rear spoiler. I have it on but I am still trying to decide if I like it. I may try a turbo or turbo S spoiler next.

During the repair I am deleting the headlight nozzles on the fenders and the holes in the bumper for the license plate. I am also adding the side skirts from Gert.

Tony's (Air Kuul TT) shoulder is wet from my crying on it since I crashed. He was great support and I owe him.

As soon as I get the DAS installed I'll let you know if it casued me to lose too much leg room.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
The 993's in the body shop as we speak having a new bumper and left fender put on. My fault... lost it on an off ramp and hit a signpost. Thus the DAS roll bar and enrollment in PCA. Next time I over drive it will be in an AX. I will also sign up for a DE. Perhaps if I had of done that sooner the car wouldn’t be in the body shop.

I ended up going with a split rear spoiler. I have it on but I am still trying to decide if I like it. I may try a turbo or turbo S spoiler next.

During the repair I am deleting the headlight nozzles on the fenders and the holes in the bumper for the license plate. I am also adding the side skirts from Gert.

Tony's (Air Kuul TT) shoulder is wet from my crying on it since I crashed. He was great support and I owe him.

As soon as I get the DAS installed I'll let you know if it casued me to lose too much leg room.
Cool Chuck ... thanks.

Sorry to hear of the mis-hap ... but bumpers and fenders are easier to fix than bones. Glad you weren't hurt.

What side skirts did you get from Gert?

My wife may want to get a C2S split grill for the Rivi Blu cab she's getting. Did you get that from Gert too? I know they're hard to find used.

Scott
Old 01-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Chuck,

Sorry to hear that your car got bent. Autocrosses and DE's will really refine your car control and make you a safer driver...which is the story you should tell your wife when you "need" to do an event or more every month.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:50 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool Chuck ... thanks.

Sorry to hear of the mis-hap ... but bumpers and fenders are easier to fix than bones. Glad you weren't hurt.

What side skirts did you get from Gert?

My wife may want to get a C2S split grill for the Rivi Blu cab she's getting. Did you get that from Gert too? I know they're hard to find used.

Scott
I bought the C2S split grill from Dave at MS Road Race in Los Angeles. He sells the OEM kit with the frame 2 grills and centerpiece. As I recall it was about $400. His phone number is 323 660-7674.

I bought one of the side skirts from him (he only had one) and one from Gert. Gert was $150 more than Dave and the dealer would have been another $100 more.

Here they are on Arena993's prior car.

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Chuck,

Sorry to hear that your car got bent. Autocrosses and DE's will really refine your car control and make you a safer driver...which is the story you should tell your wife when you "need" to do an event or more every month.
Thanks Mark. I have one of those rare wives that never gives me a hard time about my "thing" for the 993. We just celebrated our 30th anniversary so maybe she just realizes it fruitless to do so. And, I have spoiled her for the last 30 years.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck,

Your ride will be good as new... very soon.

Quick Reply: DAS Roll Bar - Damaged in Shipping - Repairable ??