Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That "Perfect Sebring lap for a 993" video.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Colin,

I'd love to see your 27 lap video. I have few spots where I want to try different lines and it's always good to see other lines (for example, Lehn's line through 2-5 looks something I need to do).

Greg,
I'd probably race my car since it's so close to being set up even though I agree with JimB, 993 is not optimal for club racing and yes in deed, is so pretty!
I even installed 6-point harness recently, on that video you see me moving around alot (with regular 3-point belts) so there wouldn't be much for me to do to go racing.

Jim,
Yes, unfortunately I don't have the time to track as much as I want to (I travel a lot for work) so I don't have a lot of track time.
I'm hoping to be able to come to 12 hours but not sure yet, I'd of course like to grab a beer or two.

I agree with 993 in racing. If I was to buy a race car right now, Colin's 930 would look interesting but probably 944 would be good (cheap and competitive), 964 euro cup of course but is expensive, maybe RSA or ok, I could even concider something like your car but it's not a proper 911... (that's the shot back from air cooled nut )
Old 01-18-2007, 06:01 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
I could even concider something like your car but it's not a proper 911... (that's the shot back from air cooled nut )
Old 01-19-2007, 07:16 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finn: Very sweet lap indeed but why aren't you out here at Winterfest showing us your stuff?? : )

Jack
Old 01-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Yeah Jack, rub it in... I wanted to come (Supersolo and all) but just couldn't.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 798 Likes on 404 Posts

Well, I couldn't pull my 2:27.774 lap as my tape ended before then (it was on lap 22, and I had already done my pit stop). Anyway, here's the best I had on video which is a 2:28.347. This was my 3rd day ever at Sebring. You'll definitely see a few, er, "areas for improvement" in this lap. I think if when I go back next time, I'll be a bit faster (I'm thinking even as low as 2:26/5s, but who really knows).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXz55zCXFf0
Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Colin,

Thanks. That was a great lap, especially concidering it was only your 3rd time there, Sebring is a long track and takes time to learn.

I played our videos side by side, really great to compare where the differences are since the lap times and cars are so similar.

Some quick observations comparing these two videos: You gain on some straights but not all of them. Not so much on back straight (I think my exit was little quicker, probably because of your mistake on T15, that lost quite a bit of speed) but after T5 & T7 you gain some. T1 mine was quicker, T3-T5 yours was quicker. Through T10-13 looks pretty even, my T10 by turning earlier might've been little better but after that yours look better (especially my mistake in T14). T17 was pretty much the same but through T1 it seems mine was quicker.

Our time difference was about 1.5 sec. which seems like a lot (and in a way it is) but when looking at side by side and dividing that 1.5 sec. to all corners, brakings etc. you realize it not a lot at all. In time, yes, but in differences in driving, no. That's why I said earlier I can take 2 seconds off "easily", it's the little things that matter and of course they are very hard to get (it's only "easy" in theory) and hard to see even when comparing two videos side by side.

I'm glad you couldn't pull your .27 lap... Just kidding, I would've loved to see that one.

Are you coming to 48 hours?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:27 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Finn,
I bought a cup car so I'll be going to the Sebring club race afterall. Stop by and say hello. I'll be with the Kelly Moss crew. White with blue and black 996 cup #185.
Jim
Old 01-26-2007, 10:56 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Love watching the incar videos -- thanks for posting them!

I took my first lap at Sebring today, ever-- it was about 8 minutes or so since I rode it on my bike

Great track!! Wish I brought my camera with me on the ride as the sun was setting and a few good shots could have been had

Quick Reply: That "Perfect Sebring lap for a 993" video.