993 Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:45 PM
digdoug2001
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 Alarm

I have this intermittent problem-
When I use the remote to lock the car now the alarm light just inside the window blinks rapidly but does not lock the car or set the alarm. I locked it with the key the other day and then had the same problem opening it. I used the key to open the door because the remote didn't work and set the darn alarm off like a dummy. I just stood there repeatedly pressing the remote looking like a thief or an idiot or both and finally the damn thing turned off and I could get back in to the car. Anyone ever have this problem? It there a quick easy fix? I thought it might be the remote battery, but the alarm light inside the window rapidly blinks when I press the remote button...this is frustrating!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:00 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug, not sure what year yours is... but there is a lot of info here. Use the search feature.

Recently do anything? Install/remove a stereo head unit? If so, here is one thread on this:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=35947
Others might have more.
I saw many threads on this topic as I was searching for info on remote entry conversion on a 95. Easy to do BTW... next project I think
Old 01-11-2007, 08:09 PM
digdoug2001
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Howdy Mark.
I did a couple of searches and have not been able to locate any info on solving this issue. I changed the battery in the remote and no luck.
I am gonna break out my spare key when I get home and see if that works. Maybe my current remote has gone bad. It just seems weird that the alarm light in the car flashes when I press the button. If the spare doesn't work I am gonna get the 4 digit code from the dealer and try to turn off the immobilizer. From what I have read that is not easily accomplished. Wish me luck!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

"If the spare doesn't work I am gonna get the 4 digit code from the dealer and try to turn off the immobilizer."

Not possible, i.e. without a MAJOR DME recoding which is problematic.
The flashing light indicates an alarm system fault, e.g. door/hood not closed or bad sensor.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:06 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I agree with Loren.
Check the 'switches' on the hood, doors, trunk AND don't forget the one on the glovebox. (Do you have loads of crap in the glovebox which is preventing it from closing properly?)

Give all the spring-switches a 'spritz' with switch-cleaner or WD-40 and 'exercise' them to make sure the lubricant/cleaner penetrates the mechanism.

Then close EACH item, in turn, making sure it's CLOSED.

Re-try blipping the FOB ...hopefully the problem's now solved.

Gerry
Old 01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I see you're in LA. Not sure what your weather's been like and if the car spends time outside but make sure there's no water accumulated under the passenger seat from rain that's got past the door membranes...

Quick Reply: 993 Alarm