993 Forum 1995-1998

Typical price for suspension install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
I totally agree, but if you are willing to pay that, I would do it at the dealer.
I did my alignment at the dealer last month, kinematic adjustment obliged,
I found that they did not bother to change all suspension bolts, rear and front,
and gave me a 1 year free return for fine adjustments on the suspension, if I didn't like the handling.
I really think this is neat.

for info, I paid 300 euros tax included for the align. at the dealer,
another dealer wanted 550.
Wow, the dealers in Europe sound much different than over here, in my experience..
They don't know much about these cars, again in my experience, and cannot do corner balancing.
Maybe there are exceptions but the few that I checked in NorCal didn't know what a kinematic toe was
The dealer I took my 964 to for alignment BENT the strut brace... cranked it as tight as he could I think. And the car was darty. Took it to an Indy and the toe in front was out...

To add to the pricing data, I just paid $400 for align/cb at an indy. A really good shop too.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good luck with this Vic ... can't wait to see the finished product.

Scott
Old 01-11-2007, 10:06 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
Wow, the dealers in Europe sound much different than over here, in my experience..
They don't know much about these cars, again in my experience, and cannot do corner balancing.
Maybe there are exceptions but the few that I checked in NorCal didn't know what a kinematic toe was
The dealer I took my 964 to for alignment BENT the strut brace... cranked it as tight as he could I think. And the car was darty. Took it to an Indy and the toe in front was out...

To add to the pricing data, I just paid $400 for align/cb at an indy. A really good shop too.

The story is that after I corner balanced the car, I phoned all the dealers (4) around a 60 mile radius, and
went to the cheapest. When I asked if they really do kinematic toe, the person took
me in the garage, introduced me to the mechanic, who showed me the kinematic tools (Bigger than I expected), and two 993 RS clubsport they were aligning.
Seeing the 993's RS, I was
After they finished mine, I looked at the alignment print levels, and those were PERFECT. on the road, the car was wow.

they say " repetition, teaches a donkey"
probably the mechanic was there since a loooong time
Old 01-16-2007, 05:21 PM
AGC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a quote of $3150 for parts (HR or Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks) and labor (including alignment), which I think is a bit too high.

Any suggestions on who to go to in the NYC/NJ area.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Typical price for suspension install?