Sponsored by:

My New GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 08:48 AM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,121 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by ARM993
Great car Marv. Congrats on the upgrade. I saw a red GT3 that look like a clone of your car in Arkansas in November. He was a dealer out of Texas (Momentum Porsche) and I think the car was for sale. Were did you find yours? He talked about how the car was a little edgy and never felt comfortable under a 100mph. Look forward to hearing your reviews. I'd love to pick one up and wonder how it would do as a daily driver. Don't be a stranger to the 993 board.
Well, mine is a daily driver. I am not in the middle of the normal distribution curve and feel the car suits me perfectly for daily driving.

My 993 C2 had PSS9s set at 5 and it felt less compliant than the GT3, but the GT3 feels way, way more rigid. The result is a smoother ride quality with far greater precision.

The steering feel on the GT3 is nothing short of awesome. The turn in is also amazing. The car almost snaps to attention when you turn the wheel. Read that as ACHTUNG, baby!. Not only is the turn in razor sharp, but the car communicates everything it is doing much better than the 993 did. Cross-wind stability seems much improved on the highway, too.

I still have to explore this car further, but I find it a better daly driver than my 993 for a number of reasons, not the least is a fully working climate control, which is essential here in Florida.

Most of the sound deadening material is removed, but it doesn't penalize you that much as far as noise goes. I did notice that when I had a good rain you could really hear the rain on the roof top! Almost like being in a metal shed!

The Bi-Xenon headlamps are also another essential ingredient. At night they really do a much better job of illumination of my path and a better job at clearing out some of those road clots that harbor the left lane when you flash the high beam! A good upgrade for any car you own.

The last comment on daily driving is the amount of rear cargo space behind the front seat is huge. There are no rear seats and the rear deck is much lower and deeper, which adds to the cargo space. If you have a lot of soft luggage, the rear is the place for it. It just swallows up cargo.

I have read about a few reports where people's GT3s felt a little nervous on the road. The issue seemed to be fixed by a proper alignment and corner balance. Apparently, the GT3 is sensitive to this. Maybe that is what your friend was feeling. Mine feels much more stable than the 993. However, "we" are still in the get to know each other phase and I don't have a good feel for where the limits are as well as I did with the 993. For me the 993 was a very toss-able and predictable car. I am sure that will change in time as I grow with the GT3 and get some DE experience, too.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:01 AM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful looking car. Congrats!!

Quick Reply: My New GT3