Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hanging clutch pedal: no chance of actual failure, right?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 06:09 PM
GG Allin
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
The 964 has a rollpin (Porsche part no. #N.023.351.1) on the clutch pedal shaft that has been known to fail but no kinematic lever.

Does it matter if the tranny/engine is warm or cold? More likely you have a failing clutch slave cylinder, air in the hydrualic line or (least likely) your release bearing is catching on the guide tube.
If I remember right I think it happens more when the car is hot. But I haven't driven the car in a while. I'll try bleeding the slave then go from there.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:09 AM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

WOW--just got the car back. New kinematic lever, new master and new slave. Not sure which one(s) caused the problem, but looking at parts cost vs labor is seemed sensible to do the works.

Clutch action is light and smooth. My perception is that the engagement point moved down a bit, but that might just be subjective.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:04 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Jon,
Glad to hear that the clutch is back to normal. When I first picked up my 993 I set upon a vigorous schedule of preventative maintenance measures. One of the first DIY projects was a complete brake and clutch system flush. The end result? A 'crunchy' and ill-mannered clutch pedal on the return stroke.

It appears that my flushing caused the seals within the original slave to go bad. I replaced the slave and rubber line, flushed again, and have enjoyed a buttery smooth pedal ever since.

Andreas

Quick Reply: Hanging clutch pedal: no chance of actual failure, right?