Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruf Sports Seats? Cobra Misanos? Help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 03:43 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

love the look of the cobras (work of seat art!)... though i hate that cobra logo! wtf?! maybe you could order them w/o & have a ruf logo sewn on...

fwiw:i don't think too many seats would be hard for steve to get in & out of.... hell, he's 16!
Old 12-15-2006, 05:10 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the Cobras and have an upholsterer redo the center inserts. Stitch in "Ruf" and if you will be using for track I would either have the inserts done in perforated leather or flame retardant cloth; if for the street I would be tempted with Alcantara although the material doesn't breath that well and is not as durable..

My fixed back GT3 seats are snug and comfy but it would be nice to have seats that fold forward
Old 12-15-2006, 05:22 AM
AVoyvoda
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you thought about these? Gorgeous, reclining and fitted in the RUF PK spider. Made by an Italian company called Toora S.p.a. I understand.
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2006, 10:39 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by AVoyvoda
Have you thought about these? Gorgeous, reclining and fitted in the RUF PK spider. Made by an Italian company called Toora S.p.a. I understand.
Yeah..here is the site: http://www.tooracompetizione.eu/eng/
Old 12-15-2006, 10:48 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

The Toora's are incredible. Although I would have to think that they'd be even more $$$$ than the Ruf seats.

CP
Old 12-15-2006, 01:28 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RallyJon
Same seats without the RUF logo = Koenig K5000G in leather for $759.95

http://www.autotoystore.com/k5000g.html
Wow- awesome find Jon! This sounds like a real winner, and perhaps the best seat solution I've ever seen for our 993's.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:45 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

love the cobras !! Do it man !!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:55 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by AVoyvoda

They are using these in the new RK also great seat but pricey.

Regarding the Cobras' like most after market seats there is a problem fitting these seats. You will need to remove the adjusting ***** on the inside to make them fit which requires hacksawing the adjuster bar. I believe you will need special mounting hardware because the track width may vary and this may cause the seat to sit a little higher than most sport seats which sit low in the car.

The other thing I have heard is the carbon fiber shell flexes and is quite noticeable while driving. They look great though. Just be careful to measure everything to verify they fit. I know the Sparco Milano prestige seats will not fit the 964 or 993's.

I was looking for the Toora seats myself but found a pair of 8 way adjustable heated 993TT sport seats in supple leather. They will have to do.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:59 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,299 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyT
love the cobras !! Do it man !!
Andy

I am on Adams street by the viaduct you nearby?
Old 12-15-2006, 08:44 PM
speed12sil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did a quick search but it doesn't seem like this has been mentioned before so...
Maybe consider seats from "Bride"? Their bracket menu does show rails for 964 which I assume is the same as the 993?

On second thought they do have this maximum weight limit of 100 kg on a seat. Weird...
Old 12-16-2006, 03:00 AM
Brad '95 C4
Racer

The last Toora in the Street menu is like the Momo seats. But I've only seen the Momo seat in red cloth.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:55 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Steve
I guess you know I have the Misanos -since I have been post whoring photos on the 993tt board
The Misano weighs 13kg without runners -we ended up using new Recaro runners since the ones Cobra supplied were crap -as has been mentioned the end of the inside spindle has to be hacksawed and they are a very tight fit, but they do fit and will slide all the way to the back.
I have a problem with the base pinching the top of my thighs when in the saddle for 200+mile journeys to the point where one journey to Germany left me with an actual bruise !
To recify this Cobra are making me a custom base with less of the side support - it is due with me next week, I can't imagine it will be very pretty but.....
Other than this issue (which may just be me) the seats are firm but good quality and even my hero Mr RS who normally ridicules anything not Recaro actually commented on the quality
Old 12-16-2006, 02:29 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Toby,

Rennlister "Bradford" emailed me that same picture of your seats, and we were speculating if they were in fact the Misanos. They look great. Now you have me worried about the installation, since I am well known as a doofus. Could you supply more details about the Recaro bits you used... same on both sides? (don't forget... your car is backwards from a real car). I don't recall seeing that chrome "brace" on the other pictures... is that something you added?

As I've said before... dang... I love your car. One of the very nicest 993s in the world.

Thanks for your time.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:39 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Toby,

Rennlister "Bradford" emailed me that same picture of your seats, and we were speculating if they were in fact the Misanos. They look great. Now you have me worried about the installation, since I am well known as a doofus. Could you supply more details about the Recaro bits you used... same on both sides? (don't forget... your car is backwards from a real car). I don't recall seeing that chrome "brace" on the other pictures... is that something you added?

As I've said before... dang... I love your car. One of the very nicest 993s in the world.

Thanks for your time.
The chrome brace is on your pic, just can't see it very clearly. My shop did the installation - I am most certainly more of a doofus than you when it comes to actually doing anything myself on the car and would never attempt this installation myself
The Recaro bits were a set of brackets/runners, I don't know which ones, or how many different brackets Recaro do, but they are sliding (obviously) - if you go ahead and buy some I could find out the part numbers.

Quick Reply: Ruf Sports Seats? Cobra Misanos? Help?