Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does parking "way out" make you a target?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 12:23 PM
togueep3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd think it does sort of make you a target. The haters are thinking "Just cause you drive an expensive car makes you think your better than us. You can't park next to us poor people."

Allright here's my perspective.. Yes I drive a civic it's actually sort of a rare one, as far as Hondas go.. I'll park next to P-cars, Vettes, Vipers, M series and the such. It's cause I know the driver isn't going to ding me and there is NO way that I'm hitting any of them..
Old 12-15-2006, 01:33 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 993James993
Parking across two spaces, even if they are remote, is tempting fate. Every time you do this you will **** someone off. It's only a matter of time before someone messes with your car just to 'get even' with you for having done so.
I've been doing it for over two years and haven't had a problem yet. It might just have something to do with the commonality of 911's in San Diego as opposed to areas of the US where a Porsche 911 is rare.

That and possibly the fact I don't shop at Wal (ghetto) Mart or places like that.

ZP44
Old 12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jlb_94611
I drive my OTHER car when I have to park and leave it in public places.
Ditto that. Some crackhead, and I seriously mean she looked like a crackhead rams into me this morning in the parking lot. Maybe if she took that smoke out of her hand and opened here eyes she could drive better. Unreal!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:09 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
Ditto that. Some crackhead, and I seriously mean she looked like a crackhead rams into me this morning in the parking lot. Maybe if she took that smoke out of her hand and opened here eyes she could drive better. Unreal!
Yea, those Los Gatos crack heads drove me nuts!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was over in Campbell actually. She tries to swing her POS car which looked like it just came from the demolition derby into the spot next to mine with one hand on the wheel and the other hanging out side with her smoke. I had just got in and all of a sudden I feel this big bounce. I walk out there and she is sitting there not moving, doesn’t even seem cognizant. She says “oh I just hit the tire”. (good thing they are 35” tires, no damage ) No, I’m sorry or anything. I watch her and it takes here forever to get into the parking spot. Not like the lot was full or anything either but she had to squeeze right in next to me.

Quick Reply: Does parking "way out" make you a target?