Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rues Audio, anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 01:27 AM
tankertoad
Instructor

Default Reus Audio, anyone???

I did a search and there are a few 996/997/Boxster owners but I'm looking for specific feedback on a 993 install?

Rick said he installed hundreds on 993s. Surely someone here is one of them.

Last edited by tankertoad; 01-27-2007 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
Old 12-14-2006 | 11:08 AM
bigimp65
Advanced

ok i had one put in this past spring after hearing their system at the ny auto show and speaking to rick who was very nice btw. i must say that it is a great sounding system. their install guy was in long island for a week and i believe did about 6 or7 installs, not all porsche though. they replaced the entire stock system with eclispe head unit (single cd-am/fm/sirius-ipod) all new speakers, including doors, rear deck, sub unit in boot, and new rear view mirror which contains two forward facing tweeters that fire into the windshield, plus two amps which are under the seats. the job was well done, everything in the car was put back very well. i will say that while the system sounds great, and is very clear at fairly high volumes, it is not, nor is it designed to be by reus's own addmission the kind of system that can blow your ears off. of coarse no system will do this with out big subs and the big amps to go with them. overall, i am very happy with the system, it is a big improvement over the stock hi-fi system, and the best part.....about 3000 installed.
Old 12-14-2006 | 03:39 PM
LC997C4s
Instructor

The shop your referring to on the island is detail dynamics right? Did you do it this past year? Its interesting that you say it cost you $3,000. I believe that was the show special right? I was going to have the system done in my 993 and he to told me $3,000 I recall, I gave my info at the show and he told me something about some deadline for that show price.....bottom line was that when he finially got back to me to confirm everything, sign papers, make a deposit, he quoted me something in the range of $4,300. At that point after talking to him about the price discrepency and seeing that he wasnt going to budge, I decided to not do the work. But it did seem like the system was going to be a good all around setup for basically little to no modifications whatsoever and im sure it sounds very crisp and clean as well.

He never mentioned anything about swapping out the rear view mirror.....how does it look?.....any pictures that you might be able to share of the mirror?

Larry
Old 12-14-2006 | 04:04 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Can you post some details / photos of the sub unit in the front trunk area? I'd like to see how they did it.

Thanks much,

Rick
Old 12-15-2006 | 02:15 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigimp65
ok i had one put in this past spring after hearing their system at the ny auto show and speaking to rick who was very nice btw. i must say that it is a great sounding system.
Yes...I was blown away after hearing their system at the NY Auto Show as well. I would love to hear the system on our next run.
Old 12-15-2006 | 03:24 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

i looked at this system , but went with polykevlar focals and the top-line alpine head unit with a audison amp. The system is incredible, and it seemed that Rues was alittle overpriced. I also used lower-end Focals in the rear since i believe a 2 channel sound stage is better

Quick Reply: Rues Audio, anyone???