Sponsored by:

AM Reception

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 10:21 PM
LJ993
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default AM Reception

Hey all, After I had a new amp and speakers installed, about the time that my windshield was replaced, I noticed that I had very little am reception, I could only pull in a few stations. I pulled the head unit, CR-210, and yes the small white wire coming off of the back was connected through a connector to the small black wire which is wrapped around the antenna. The antenna was plugged in. I then checked the connection under the hood for the antenna booster. The same black wire wrapped around the antenna was plugged into the antenna booster. Lastly, the antenna wire was plugged into the windshield. Is there any other power that feeds the antenna booster either before or after the head unit? There were two wires out the back of the head unit, one yellow and one red with a black stripe as I recall, each stubbed out about 6 inches and each had an inline fuse, however, both wires were cut off right after the fuse. Any ideas? I have searched the archives and every post regarding antennas and antenna boosters but seem to have hit a brick wall. Thanks Phil

Quick Reply: AM Reception