Sponsored by:

area around shifter and spoiler buttons

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 09:52 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcwelch
Quadcammer...you might try a product made by Mothers called "Back to Black". I have used this with good results on the same areas as well as the back spoiler grill...makes them look brand new. Not trying to push the product, just reporting my results. Good luck.
I concur. I use 'back to black' too. You need to apply it with a cloth and 'rub it in'. After you've applied it -- take a good looksee for any 'streaking' (No! ...not the thing we did in the 70's!) -- and gently rub these out before letting everything totally dry. It's OK, also, to RE-apply b-2-b. Just be warned, tho', that if you apply it 'neat' - and let dry - that it tends to form a sort of 'shiny gloss-like' surface which may make your interior pieces look 'cheap' and Amorall-like.

Gerry
Old 11-21-2006, 11:14 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I took some black shoe polish to my handbrake tray and it helped a bit. Shoe polish is the miracle cure for this type of thing.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
LAURIER
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought new replacement parts from the dealer and received the same thing, brownish color. Also had plastic parts this color in my 944TS.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Blue Ocean
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been experimenting with my interior as you can see.
I used the Krylon spray paint for plastic on my parts around the buttons.
I could only find a high gloss black. So after it dried I took some steel wool to it to take off some of the gloss. Now it actually looks like leather and matches the leather center console I installed.(except for the center that I painted with Wurth's wheel paint)
Kind of hard to see, but this is the only pic I currently have.
Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
On black interiors, why do these two areas look brownish?
My 993 C2S had the same thing. In sunlight, they looked very brown (switch surrounds, handbrake trim, etc.). I tiook everything out and painted them body color (Metallic Black). It was a subtle but incredibly effective mod.

I can't seem to find any pictures right now but I'll keep looking in my archives.

I painted the two switch plates (removed the strips of translucent pictures), the area directly under the handbrake and the rear parcel tray (converted from that hideous original CD holder).

Quick Reply: area around shifter and spoiler buttons