Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

white LED position lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:21 PM
pezza
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to make sure that the LED's are + positive earth types and that way there's no messing with the bulb holders reversing the wires. Got them from ace parts, www.aceparts.com, very good customer service (no connection). If you contact them they will advise which bulbs you need, just make sure you specify + positive earth.

No problem Caveman, see you Sunday. Those Techart lights are so expensive for what they are, particularly with the foam bulb holder, what's that all about, mine is always falling off.

regards
Old 11-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I HATE my current foglights and they were lame even before I put in 6000k HID's. How can I upgrade these to white LED's? Below is what I have now.
Attached Images   
Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to hear that someone appreciates our customer service

We aim to please, often miss
Old 11-21-2006, 05:58 PM
mkc4s
Intermediate

I wonder why you want to avoid yellow light. The blue light disperses more (therefore the sky is blue). If you illuminate fog with blue light, you see the fog itself rather than what's behind the fog. Years ago, all French cars had yellow headlights for this reason.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:00 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ACEparts_com
Nice to hear that someone appreciates our customer service

We aim to please, often miss
Well, to be honest, you kinda missed with me. My LED's either don't work or have the wrong polarity so they're just collecting dust. I was never asked what polarity I needed. Sorry, just being honest.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:37 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mkc4s
I wonder why you want to avoid yellow light. The blue light disperses more (therefore the sky is blue). If you illuminate fog with blue light, you see the fog itself rather than what's behind the fog. Years ago, all French cars had yellow headlights for this reason.
+1. Blue is terrible for actually illuminating objects.

I don't trust the color tempurature figures on these products. Even those below 5000k still look very bling - I mean blue.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:35 AM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Well, to be honest, you kinda missed with me. My LED's either don't work or have the wrong polarity so they're just collecting dust. I was never asked what polarity I needed. Sorry, just being honest.
Communication is key

Email me and we'll replace them. We can't fix an issue if we don't know about it can we?
Old 11-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had the same issue with the first set sent to me by ACE. One PM later and a correct set was sent out no questions asked. worked for me. question though what are you guys doing about turn signal lights (I have clear corner so looks bad).
Old 11-24-2006, 08:51 AM
ACEparts_com
Pro

We're now moving over to LED's that are NOT polarity sensitive to avoid future issues

I converted my whole car to LED but it's a mighty expensive proposition to do correctly.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:16 PM
StevoUK
Rennlist Member

I got mine from Ace parts through UK ebay... and it was a great service too. No I'm not connected!
Old 11-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Perry,

Thanks - yes they are pretty crappy though not as bad as the HK rip-offs that have to be ground in places to get them to fit plus they don't have the silly L-shaped bracket or the weird lump of plastic/rubber thing that holds the bulb. I'm due to recreate the lights using new Hella Golf units as mine are so pitted. Just one of a long list of things to get round to....

Cheers,

David
Old 11-24-2006, 03:40 PM
pezza
Racer

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
Is that an LED in the corner of the lens or just the reflection of the camera's flash? Or are you talking about the fogs/ducts? They look way nicer than the ones I have! Are they factory Turbo-S?

The LED is in the corner of the lamp, that's not the flash reflection. The ducts and lamps are part of the Techart additional brake cooling kit.

Quick Reply: white LED position lights