Sponsored by:

Victory Motor Cars and Dave Maxwell..any stories

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Rand
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victory Motor Cars and Dave Maxwell..any stories

I have my car for sale and a Dave Maxwell called offering to buy the car for Victory Motorcars. He says he buys many 993s and offered a fair price. Is this a scam or has any one else dealt with him.

Thanks for any info.

Randy
Old 11-17-2006, 09:51 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,874 Likes on 2,404 Posts

do a search, i think they have bad rep as sellers on rennlist. but it is a real business (not phantom) AFAIK. and if they send you a cashiers chk or wired money to you in advance, i see no prob.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:13 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

You have a pm
Old 11-17-2006, 11:21 PM
BrokenE
Instructor

I have heard from people here that they have a bad reputation as sellers, just as "mooty" points out. To be more discriptive, they are not up front about the condition of the cars they sell, and basically do not stand behind what they sell. This is the first place I visited when i got the 993 itch, so I'll try to qualify them based purely on what I saw.

They have some decent looking P-cars, mostly air cooled. almost half the cars were 993's. Their condition varied more than their price. Their inventory when I went there was about 20 cars total, all in metal building. The business is located in a decent area, not the best, not the worst, although a little out of the way off of a main street. Overall, my impression would be that they should have the financial capability to buy your car. But not sure I would want to sell to someone with that type of reputation.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:21 PM
George SD
Track Day

Rand- I too was contacted by Dave a couple of days after listing my car for sale. He offered me a wholesale price on my car which I was not interested in. He said when I got tired of the tire kickers and dreamers, he would wire money to my account in 24 hours, and have the car picked up in 48 hours. Told me he buys 5-20 Porsches a week. If you are happy with the offer and the money is wired to your account, take it. George, San Diego
Old 11-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been on the buy side with Victory and had a reasonable enough experience dealing with Robert Neal. Since it sounds like they do only a modest amount of due diligence on their purchases, it explains the range of condition you find on the lot...put another way, they probably don't offer premiums for top condition vehicles.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:25 PM
obchuck
Racer

Originally Posted by George SD
Rand- I too was contacted by Dave a couple of days after listing my car for sale. He offered me a wholesale price on my car which I was not interested in. He said when I got tired of the tire kickers and dreamers, he would wire money to my account in 24 hours, and have the car picked up in 48 hours. Told me he buys 5-20 Porsches a week. If you are happy with the offer and the money is wired to your account, take it. George, San Diego

I was contacted today by David Maxwell and was given the EXACT same script. Anyone have any experience on the SELL SIDE of these transactions w/Mr. Maxwell (a self claimed buyer (in Oregon) for Victory Motors (in Texas))???

Thanks all
Old 09-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From what I've read, I thought consensus was to stay away from victory?!?!? Now if they gave you what you wanted for a car sure, but to buy one - mostly horror show it sounds like.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:21 PM
McGarrett
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was looking for a 993 or 87ish Turbo. I contacted Victory a few times.

What was happening, was when I would call about a car, they always said it had been sold. In every instance, the car would show up the next day on eBay again. I e-mailed them and asked why they were BSing me. No response.

There are many other avenues to take other than VICTORY. They don't seem to be very clean.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Tisibeast
Racer

I purchased my car from Victory and dealt with Robert Neal. Seemed to be a stand up guy and my car is solid.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:38 PM
matt777
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Victory

It's interesting to know that they do not check the car out. I'm guessing they would only pay wholesale on this basis. Why would any private seller accept wholesale unless they know there car has serious problems?????
Old 09-02-2007, 02:41 AM
gr8nine93
Instructor

Default Yuck!

I have experience with DM since I live near Portland. I went to buy a car on CL and when I got there the woman was fit to be tied. DM had been a real stroker for her vintage 911, had her jump thru flaming hoops. After they agreed on a price is when the hassle started. He nit picked the car to death and lowballed her to the point where she called her husband on his cell phone to come home and toss the jerk out. The car was not terrific but she was up front with me so I expect she was also with him.
On the buy side it was a joke. For a 99 996 he wanted $45 k site unseen. He has so many buyers he is not interested in tire kickers. Oh sure I am just going to plunk down $45k for a car I had not even seen. Oh and the reason he priced the car so out of the realm of reality is cause it was speed yellow which is so *&&())*& SPECIAL. But he must be doing something right cause that was a year ago and he is still at it. : - (

Originally Posted by obchuck
I was contacted today by David Maxwell and was given the EXACT same script. Anyone have any experience on the SELL SIDE of these transactions w/Mr. Maxwell (a self claimed buyer (in Oregon) for Victory Motors (in Texas))???

Thanks all
Old 06-25-2013, 10:57 PM
sparetireless
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts
Default ..

sorry, old post.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sparetireless
He did everything he said he would do in purchasing my 1997 Targa, I would have no hesitation to sell to him again.

(now watch the glass roof targa prices go up like the 23 window VW buses.)

Some of you guys on this board are too harsh, buying and selling cars is not easy, as long as the car and money changes hands as agreed its an honest deal (my case) I say stop bashing this guy for no real reason.
You do realize this thread is from 2006?
Old 06-25-2013, 11:04 PM
briefescape
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh ok ! lol

Last edited by briefescape; 06-25-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: redundant

Quick Reply: Victory Motor Cars and Dave Maxwell..any stories