Sponsored by:

Bubblicious

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The guy with the collection of cars and the picture of the line of cars in the link I posted is Magwheel/Michael and he is in Ohio.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:52 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

g-d bless he's in ohio. i'm in 'overly congested' NJ. granted, i can get on parkway and cruise 15 minutes to gorgeous harriman state park and many other rural routes i know well from bike training, but lining up 8 cars is almost a virtual impossibility, that is unless i'm lining them up in the warehouse. i'm sure we'll ge tthere. still getting my process down a bit.

what a football game that was this past weekend, ohio/michigan. classic.

Originally Posted by Joe S.
The guy with the collection of cars and the picture of the line of cars in the link I posted is Magwheel/Michael and he is in Ohio.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:06 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has it ever occurred to you to simply disconnect the odometer and drive the P-Cars as much as you desire?? That way you have the best of both worlds, the thrill of driving and the low mileage on the odometer!!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
g-d bless he's in ohio. i'm in 'overly congested' NJ. granted, i can get on parkway and cruise 15 minutes to gorgeous harriman state park and many other rural routes i know well from bike training, but lining up 8 cars is almost a virtual impossibility, that is unless i'm lining them up in the warehouse. i'm sure we'll ge tthere. still getting my process down a bit.

what a football game that was this past weekend, ohio/michigan. classic.

LOL. I was wondering... I know most of the car guys in the area and would surely know or know of someone having a collection like that.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:18 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default 94 turbo3.6 in da' casa

98 c2s and 94 3.6turbo arrivado! ellos son en fuego!!!
en particular, el rojo es incredible.
pero, el DMV de NJ sucko the big weenio, ellos no workie workie today.
what the F is with that!!! what does a guy have to do to go get some plates and register a little honey!!!!!

anyway, see photos. will have mor elater in the week.
fyi, more and more i like the bubble. keeps dust out of everything and it literally takes no more than a regular cover to put on.
i have a few of the 18 foot ones, and bot 2 20footers (one for shelby). those are nice because i can roll car up and back every few days to avoid flat spots, but the 16 foot ones fit the 911's the best.

got some racedeck flooring. great stuff. just fits every so tightly below the mohawk lift arms. but the arms move just fine, a littel scraps just a tad. i think after the cars are on the racedeck a tad, it will compress a a few millimeters and be perfect, though just fine. got the mohawk guys to send me a lower profile foot pad which does not have the 1" risers. that lack of 1" Riser, plus the race deck which raises car relative to arms, gives plenty of clearance. BUT, you must use the hockey puck which by the way, i love. fits so perfectly on that lift area and gives you ample clearance so the arms dont hit that skirt on the side of the 911s.

i was going to ge the gladiator whirlpool tiles but they were a bit more. i called the local place and they were insistent on 'installing'. only $1.00 more a foot. about 400 feet or so. yeah right. that stuff went together in about 40 minutes. came out in 2x2 (4tile) chunks out of the box and thats how i laid it down. so she lost the sale to racedeck who simply delivered. 20x20 was way too much, so i went 22 x 12 and will keep the extra stuff for something later.

F'ing dmv. in the infamous words of meatloaf, all rev'd up and no place to go!!!
Attached Images   
Old 11-24-2006, 08:00 PM
doug751
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

Sad.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:06 PM
djames
Instructor

Originally Posted by doug751
Sad.
Huh?
Old 11-24-2006, 08:10 PM
endodoc
Intermediate

Default suggestion

get one of those treadmills like they have at the motor vehicle place to check emissions. jut drive on and let them warm up.. you never have to leave the house...
Old 11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Here is a car worthy of one of the bubbles!!!

GT2 EVO
Old 11-24-2006, 09:03 PM
997Heaven
Instructor

Originally Posted by gjtrek
Has it ever occurred to you to simply disconnect the odometer and drive the P-Cars as much as you desire?? That way you have the best of both worlds, the thrill of driving and the low mileage on the odometer!!

+1
Old 11-24-2006, 09:16 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

one better, a buddy and i took two of the cars up to Harriman, and man was i to gorgeous. i'm not sure where everyone is located, but on the east coast, it was an incredible day. zero humidity, 60 degrees, clear skies. minimal wind. just a blast.

i took the seinfeld car. i gave him the cabriolet. he's still 'immobilizer gun shy'. he hasnt seemingly figured it out yet. and he stalled the cabriolet twice backing up. that darn alarm system was getting the better of him. i gotta say, thats a nice difference between the 964 and the 993, the lack of that silly alarm system. who in the world thunk up that thing!!!

fyi, what is it with women and getting ready for dinner? my kids were at my inlaws for the night so we were going out for a hot night of "its greek to me" and some frozen yogurt. 30 minutes she's blow drying her hair. i'm like, "just put on a baseball cap!!!" 30 minutes. we're married. i wont divorce you for having a baseball cap, heck, i might frankly reaffirm my vows if you did....30 minutes. very frustrating when most men can get ready in in about 90 sceonds.

i like putting her in the passenger seat of those pcars. took home th 96 turbo for the weekend, and put her in the passenger seat. there is that point right about at 6000 rpm, right when the Barometer reading says like .8, where you know she's like "what the f is this car..." and her hands on the door trying to brace her self... "you keep doing that i'm going to throw up" she says. and the whole time i'm thinking..."30 minutes i had to wait to eat listening to that blow drier....enjoy". then you brake like a **** and let her breathe.

she has no apprecition for tha performance of that car. heck most don't. and so i guess thats why i dig this board and appreciate the fellowship of you all rennlisters. atleast here we can each appreciate what its all about.

hope everyone has a nice weekend with the family.
regards,
sg

Originally Posted by endodoc
get one of those treadmills like they have at the motor vehicle place to check emissions. jut drive on and let them warm up.. you never have to leave the house...
Old 11-24-2006, 11:11 PM
zekksw

Man, you've got a real problem. Putting your wife through that much fear is insane. Give her the 30 minutes and enjoy the evening.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:18 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hope you plan on gettin' some good de/track time in the near future. when weather permits. you're hooked in a big way. great group of cars.

fwiw: do be careful esp. as the weather gets colder... some of those shady corners do sport ice, marbles, etc... (esp. back east).

think is was mike / big turtle that said it best to me, "the best mod a guy can make is the nut behind the wheel".

i for one, plan to get a car for the track once i'm done modin' the cab... & with that car, on the track, i will really push it. w/ some run-off space, etc...

enjoy safe steve & in good health.

btw: i have heard lister's refer to the passenger door handle as both the "oh ****" & "oh God" handle.

riding in a p-car as a passenger @ spirited speed does feel weird/scary. should you have the chance, it's a very enlightening experience. though i would not suggest you let just anyone who can drive do it. but i guarantee you may approach your wife's feeling @ certain points.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:02 PM
ddavis
Instructor

Originally Posted by spg993tt
98 c2s and 94 3.6turbo arrivado! ellos son en fuego!!!
en particular, el rojo es incredible.
pero, el DMV de NJ sucko the big weenio, ellos no workie workie today.
what the F is with that!!! what does a guy have to do to go get some plates and register a little honey!!!!!

anyway, see photos. will have mor elater in the week.
fyi, more and more i like the bubble. keeps dust out of everything and it literally takes no more than a regular cover to put on.
i have a few of the 18 foot ones, and bot 2 20footers (one for shelby). those are nice because i can roll car up and back every few days to avoid flat spots, but the 16 foot ones fit the 911's the best.

got some racedeck flooring. great stuff. just fits every so tightly below the mohawk lift arms. but the arms move just fine, a littel scraps just a tad. i think after the cars are on the racedeck a tad, it will compress a a few millimeters and be perfect, though just fine. got the mohawk guys to send me a lower profile foot pad which does not have the 1" risers. that lack of 1" Riser, plus the race deck which raises car relative to arms, gives plenty of clearance. BUT, you must use the hockey puck which by the way, i love. fits so perfectly on that lift area and gives you ample clearance so the arms dont hit that skirt on the side of the 911s.

i was going to ge the gladiator whirlpool tiles but they were a bit more. i called the local place and they were insistent on 'installing'. only $1.00 more a foot. about 400 feet or so. yeah right. that stuff went together in about 40 minutes. came out in 2x2 (4tile) chunks out of the box and thats how i laid it down. so she lost the sale to racedeck who simply delivered. 20x20 was way too much, so i went 22 x 12 and will keep the extra stuff for something later.

F'ing dmv. in the infamous words of meatloaf, all rev'd up and no place to go!!!
Steve,
the cars look great. it is good to see that you took my advice. you need a driver for every bubble car. that way you can still experience the thrill without putting too many miles on the bubbles.

be careful with the 964's they are a totally different animal. you can have that car going sideways if your not careful. the 2wd cars are different. you need to have the front end pointing the direction you want to go when you punch it.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:41 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

ask the best, learn from the best, one has a shot at maybe one day being one of the best...maybe.

Originally Posted by ddavis
Steve,
the cars look great. it is good to see that you took my advice. you need a driver for every bubble car. that way you can still experience the thrill without putting too many miles on the bubbles.

be careful with the 964's they are a totally different animal. you can have that car going sideways if your not careful. the 2wd cars are different. you need to have the front end pointing the direction you want to go when you punch it.

Quick Reply: Bubblicious