993 Forum 1995-1998

Bubblicious

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:32 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

The Pearl White turbo S is just stunning, nice piece.

Autopia.com is a great site for detailing. I agree with other posters that detailing may not be the best use of your time, but there's a lot to be said for running your hands over a nice 911...

I can't afford to own cars that are mostly art, but more power to you - especially if you have one that you drive hard to make up for the rest :-)
Old 11-20-2006, 10:01 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dig working on my own stuff. i dont let anyone wrench on my bike. i'm the only one that works on it. careening off some big mountain pitch at 50+mph, the last thing you wan tto do is trust your life to Tommy Small Brains who decided to have a big fat hoochie just before tightening up your hub bearings. granted, i dont necessazrily see myself taking care of all those cars, all the time, but come some day when all my work is done, and i have 2 hours to kill and its snowy and 25 degrees outside, would be nice to know how to do it, and do it right.
rather know how to do it well, and decide to let others do it on a recurring basis, than not know how to do it well at all.
part of the fun of all this is the learning. i could really dig learning about the polish and finish on a paperclip, but a 94 Turbo is a tad more exciting.<G>

Originally Posted by ed devinney
......... I agree with other posters that detailing may not be the best use of your time, but there's a lot to be said for running your hands over a nice 911...
Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

I think the cars should be driven, but it's your money, your intentions being honest.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Have you considered this car to match your other Seinfeld collectable?

http://www.theaircooledguys.com/Inve...5/Default.aspx
Old 11-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Davies
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally, I appreciate that someone with the means to do so, is prepared to take on the responsibility of preserving a few of these cars. I would if I could.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:52 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

whatever you do, dont lump too much responsibility on me...this is all kind of new to me and i'm a pretty good student of things fast and technical...but i'm also prepared for the potential that i make a mistake or goof.

again, maintenance of low milers to me will seemiingly require a lot of discipline. its good for me. will teach me to be a little slower, more methodical and calculating in what and how i do things with those beasts.

the lure of wanting to drive them will be mitigated by the others once which i plan on driving hard.

Originally Posted by Matt Davies
Personally, I appreciate that someone with the means to do so, is prepared to take on the responsibility of preserving a few of these cars. I would if I could.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

More pics of the pearl white car please. That thing is special.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

i'll try getting more later. i was never photogenic myself. always the kid in the photo making a wierd face, and i grew up with a mother snapping like crazy at every occassion. but i'll warm to the idea of better photos. what? that thing posing in front of cardboard boxes isnt high-end enuff?<GG>

See www.trademanagellc.com/cars.htm

I just got it regsitered, titled. Tommorrow I'm driving it about 25 miles, gonna take it up to protosport. Those guys will drop jaws. The car is intense enough , and then that white paint job is unreal. Not really white but actual pearl flake in there. Nuts.

Originally Posted by Dr. No
More pics of the pearl white car please. That thing is special.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Steve--been driving mine, especially this weekend. (Record breaking heat).

Some washing tips--absolutely dry that car thoroughly after washing. That's the best tactic for keeping the damage to a minimum. Also, invest in a bunch of nice car covers,--flannel lined. Will keep the need to wash to a minimum, especially during the NJ winters when you can't really get them out to drive them.

A friend of mine used to wax his cars by hand. I mean,--BY HAND. He would dip his hand into the carnuba and smear it on carefully with his bare hands and then take it off carefully with real baby diapers. (100% cotton). He minimised the damages that way to the paint.

Some also say NEVER to wash a car by hand,--leaves marks, no matter how much you change the wash water, etc. Also, use the mildest soap that you can find so as to keep from drying out the paint. If using a power washer keep the power to a minimum setting.

Here's mine out in SoCal sunshine on Sunday:
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

I'd just like to see a good, server crashing sized picture of that paint in some good sunlight.

From the seller's pics, it looks like she has a nice set of Ruf wheels in addition to the polished Speedlines for formal events.

BTW, love the Zenith Blue S too - great color but with 29k on the clock clearly an unworthy daily driver you should, ahem, get rid of.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
creator8
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally never been a fan of washing cars. Prefer driving them. But I do wash at least one of my PCars every week. Something about the size of the car and the curves that make it an attractive proposition to zone out for a half hour on...
Old 11-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You really need to get a picture of the whole line-up together, something like... https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-supercars-carrera-gt-918-960/266433-pics-of-my-cars-in-a-line-up.html
Old 11-22-2006, 03:01 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S.
You really need to get a picture of the whole line-up together, something like... https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266433

joe is absolutely right! michael did a great job showcasing his collection of drivers. steve--how about it!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:15 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

dudes, joe is in like lexington kentucky and has some crazy nice rural private driveway in 70 degree heat. its 32 degrees right now. 1/2 the cars are battery-less, all are bubbled. i'm a bit more institutional, a tad less glamorous for the moment.
geez, there is nothing more aesthetically perfect than 8 posche lined up in northern new jersey with the backdrop being signs for the new jersey parkway, and a quiznos sub. but they do have more meat than subway!!!

did you see the photos i posted at http://www.trademanagellc.com/cars.htm ?
for the moment, i'll just have to build a photo collection slowly.

fyi, wasnt sure if i closed browser before i hit post or not, but my trade with RPM is done, cars on the way. 97blackS for his 98C2s AND 94 Guards 3.6 turbo. he has a market for that low milesage 97' S black black, and i have a desire for more driveable cars. a fe bubblicious cars are enough. end of day, you guys were a good influence. momma always said like was like a box of chocolates...and be careful who you hang out with..
dudes, happy tday.
Originally Posted by Edgy01
joe is absolutely right! michael did a great job showcasing his collection of drivers. steve--how about it!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
dudes, joe is in like lexington kentucky and has some crazy nice rural private driveway in 70 degree heat. its 32 degrees right now. 1/2 the cars are battery-less, all are bubbled. i'm a bit more institutional, a tad less glamorous for the moment.
geez, there is nothing more aesthetically perfect than 8 posche lined up in northern new jersey with the backdrop being signs for the new jersey parkway, and a quiznos sub. but they do have more meat than subway!!!

did you see the photos i posted at http://www.trademanagellc.com/cars.htm ?
for the moment, i'll just have to build a photo collection slowly.

fyi, wasnt sure if i closed browser before i hit post or not, but my trade with RPM is done, cars on the way. 97blackS for his 98C2s AND 94 Guards 3.6 turbo. he has a market for that low milesage 97' S black black, and i have a desire for more driveable cars. a fe bubblicious cars are enough. end of day, you guys were a good influence. momma always said like was like a box of chocolates...and be careful who you hang out with..
dudes, happy tday.

I live in Lexington, let me know if you ever are down this way.

Quick Reply: Bubblicious