993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: December Excellence Mag-Ruf Rk Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT: December Excellence Mag-Ruf Rk Coupe

Anyone see the cover of Dec Excellence? Damn, thats a sweet ride. You 2 can have one for $200k.

The only way I will get a Cayman S is if I win the December drawing I entered with PCA this week. Signed up for a couple of drawings at $50 a pop.

Not a bad car and might be one I may add down the road.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:54 AM
mamoroso
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of the cars on the Dec issue of Excellence the only one I'd like to have is the Orange RSR clone...

The Cayman S doesn't do much for me...
Old 11-09-2006, 12:13 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A couple nights ago I was looking at a Cayman S in the dealer showroom. I was surprised to find out that there is no way to "see" the engine, other than from underneath the car. They didn't provide a cover that can be lifted from above to reveal the engine. To two filler caps. I was disappointed because I think these engines are one of the most beautiful things about our cars--why hide it?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:36 PM
911CabSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caymans are based on the Boxter platform I think.. Boxters are the same regarding not seeing the engine. Can't see any engine from anywhere.. I think they service them from underneath on a lift.. Not my kinda P-car.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:52 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't the Boxster have a reveal panel that could be lifted to view (at least a portion) the engine from above??
Old 11-09-2006, 04:10 PM
bpoteat
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
A couple nights ago I was looking at a Cayman S in the dealer showroom. I was surprised to find out that there is no way to "see" the engine, other than from underneath the car. They didn't provide a cover that can be lifted from above to reveal the engine. To two filler caps. I was disappointed because I think these engines are one of the most beautiful things about our cars--why hide it?
I don't remember where I saw it, but I have seen a replacement panel that was see-through so you could see the engine. IMO, it was very nice looking - kinda reminded me of the way the Ferrari 360 has the clear cover over the engine.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:24 PM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cayman engine cover is easier to remove than the Boxster, since it's accessible under the hatch.
To get the Boxster engine cover to expose the top of engine, you have to stop the soft-top about 1/2 way open, remove carpet panel, then about four 1/4-turn fasteners.

Quick Reply: OT: December Excellence Mag-Ruf Rk Coupe