993 Forum 1995-1998

Did the Clutch Pedal Kinematic Lever Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:09 AM
alpinadvl
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up This thread is great....

You guys are funny... sorry I missed on the "virtual group internet DIY,"...not so sure I would want to go this alone (anyone in MD want to do this together?)

So, my question is...does anyone have a list of pointers or additions to the p-car diy that they want to share with the rest of us?

and 2. Anyone want to send a couple of more pics our way to help document / get a better perspective of whats what?

TIA !
Old 01-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Don,

The part number and I think a picture on shown on P-Car. com in the DIY section. If you can check out the number/colour of the lever you'll know if they lied.

Cheers,

David
Old 01-15-2007, 02:09 PM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alf,
I thought it was a pretty straight forward DIY. The difficult parts are getting some of the pieces off, or back together. The steps themselves are the easy part.

I have to tell you guys though, I had trouble finding my 7 mm wrench last night. I went keep going and figured I find it later, when I needed it. I found it, still hanging off the nipple on the slave cylinder from the last time I bleed the thing, probably in August.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mbb993
I am also planning this update. I unfortunately do have both a sticky clutch pedal and annoying sqeak. I plan to change the clutch Master and slave cylinders at the same time and I have all the parts except been waiting for the lever to come in for 3 weeks! Thanks Chris, now you have caused another delay waiting for the bushings I plan to order! But it does make sense to do it all while I am there.

I have no close dealers so I need to get them shipped where do you recommend for quick service?
Thanks
No close dealers in Daytona?? If you are in Daytona I would go w/ Suncoast Porsche . Shipping time would be shorter for you.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:55 PM
dmw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got a chance to finish today

Replaced kinematic lever, flushed clutch and brakes. Then changed tranny fluid while it was up.

When I first started driving the clutch pickup point was right at the floor. After 15 minutes of driving it is higher, back to about where it was before. The lever pops all the way back now.

BUT when I push the clutch in, the first 1-2 inches go in with very little effort and then I can feel it increase in pressure. The first 1-2 inches don't feel like it is pushing any fluid at all. Strange. It's definitely better, but not as good as I would expect.

Thoughts? I hope to get more driving time tomorrow to see if that does anything.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:22 AM
Miller_arch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dmw
Replaced kinematic lever, flushed clutch and brakes. Then changed tranny fluid while it was up.

When I first started driving the clutch pickup point was right at the floor. After 15 minutes of driving it is higher, back to about where it was before. The lever pops all the way back now.

BUT when I push the clutch in, the first 1-2 inches go in with very little effort and then I can feel it increase in pressure. The first 1-2 inches don't feel like it is pushing any fluid at all. Strange. It's definitely better, but not as good as I would expect.

Thoughts? I hope to get more driving time tomorrow to see if that does anything.
I am not an expert by any stretch but I think you may have some air in your clutch system. Are the brakes fine? When I did my lever update I used a big bottle of brake fluid just to get all the air out of the clutch system, and I did not bleed my brakes-just the clutch. Did you use a power bleeder? My clutch is firm the entire length of travel. My friction point is high, maybe 2 inches; I feel hydraulic pressure almost immediately (guessing less than an inch).

Quick Reply: Did the Clutch Pedal Kinematic Lever Update