Towing 993--Engine forward or backward?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Acropora
Ack, ok, I got this trailer from uhaul. Dunno how to get the tongue weight so maybe will just back it on.
Backwards on that trailer is my guess. The trailer's axles are pretty far forward for a 911 because you won't be able to get the 993 far enough forward (the built in tire stops don't help).
Old 11-04-2006, 02:09 PM
roebedo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres my .02.. I've had to have my car towed twice. 1.) Alternator went bad and the other was 2 weeks ago, reason is a long story.. but next time I'll be sure to move my truck before I try and pop the clutch down the drive way to start the car with a bad battery

Each time the car went on a Flat bed, but the first the tow driver used hooks under the car to secure it to the bed.. This created a huge problem unloading, because 1 hook was torqued so well, it didnt want to come loose when it came time to un load the car.

The second tow experiance, the driver secured the car with wheel straps Worked like a charm.

So for those who are haveing an emergency tow I highly recomend the flat bed and wheel strap combo!
Old 11-04-2006, 02:21 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are using a U-haul auto transport, the font works fine. Check out my post.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ghlight=u-haul

Jim

Quick Reply: Towing 993--Engine forward or backward?