Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Airport Car Break In-Never happen to me.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vehicle getting broke into and its not the damage but time having to deal with it.
That's all my point was about. It's a PIA and time=money. I'm the last one to suggest anyone stay home in a bubble for safety. All I meant was if you can avoid a potential PIA to your car, avoid it. I'm soory you had that happen I hope it never happens to me. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:38 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 C4 993
What concerned me was my garage door opener and if they had my address.
If your registration was in your vehicle, they have your address......Great idea to change the codes immeadiately!

Sorry to hear about your problem but I'm glad they caught the punks! Now you need to follow up and make sure they are proscuted to the full extent of the law!

Good Luck..............ZP44
Old 10-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Bummer. But as for pay parking being secure?...

Think about it, how many cars with thousands of dollars in gear can you get into in an hours time?

Hundreds of cars to choose from with owners that more than likely won't be back for a while. For what, a $15.00 parking fee? It's worth it to them, hell, I wish my mutuals did as well. (Return on my investment that is, IN NO WAY do I condone what those low life scum crooks do! Well, in some cases I guess that could also describe some brokers : ) )
Old 11-01-2006, 02:41 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez that sucks! I went out to my garage one morning to find the doors open in my car and my stereo (and tools) gone! I was asleep just on the other side of the wall.

To top it off they had broken the window out of my truck parked on the street, taken the garage door opener and gotten into the garage.

Good moveon changing the codes. Sorry to hear about the thefts.. it's happened to me more than once (one of the many reasons I left those cities to the south). I hope they hang those little buggers up by thier sacks and whip them with wet leather. I have not sympathy for thievs of any ilk.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:51 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually get a ride to the airport from my girlfriend but because of conflicts with schedules, I decided to drive. I usually take out my XM receiver and Ipod when I do park at off site parking (park n fly places) but this time I didnt. Just running late and forgot. However, my Ipod and XM receiver were in the glove box. Whats sad is this brand new parking facality with state of the art security. Thats what they say. They have been trying to catch the theives for 3 weeks so it was nothing new to these guys. They even hit several cars in the employee parking lot. I didnt find out that my insurance company will only cover up to $1k for electronics because it was never listed on my policy as an aftermarket stereo-learn something new everyday. If you have an aftermarket stereo, let your insurance company know or they will only replace up to factory value.

Quick Reply: OT: Airport Car Break In-Never happen to me.