Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Euro Turbo vs. NB NA Bumper clearance?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 12:02 AM
ajlevine
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Euro Turbo vs. NB NA Bumper clearance?

My recent off road excursion has allowed me to consider replacing my front bumper. I like the look of the Euro Turbo bumper, but I am concerned that my hairball driveway approach may be a problem. My stock bumper (1995 993 C2) clears just fine (my car is at standard NA height). I assume that a Euro Turbo is a bit lower and further foward. Does anyone know the difference in measurements? Anyone have experience going through the change and notice an angle of attack/clearance difference?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 10-23-2006, 12:28 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's slightly lower, but I don't have any exact specs. More to your concern, couldn't you just be more careful when entering/exiting the driveway?
Old 10-23-2006, 01:32 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why not just got get a couple RS splitters to get a different look and save the cost of a whole new bumper? I think the RSsplitters may actually be lower than the turbo bumper but I'm not really sure. I have thought about what ride height I'd go with if I ever upgraded suspension. Its already lower than stock and it does hit the FPB on occasion when I have a momentary lapse of reason and hit a driveway too quickly. Below is a profile shot that clearly shows that an RS splitter sits more forward down low versus a stock NB bumper. Maybe someone has a similar profile shot of a turbo front end to compare the tip of the nose versus the lowest portion?
Old 10-23-2006, 01:58 AM
ajlevine
Track Day

Originally Posted by pcar964
I think it's slightly lower, but I don't have any exact specs. More to your concern, couldn't you just be more careful when entering/exiting the driveway?
My driveway is extremely steep and comes off a very steep street. Many cars scrape there at any speed/angle of approach. I was shocked when the 993 didn't.

-Andy
Old 10-23-2006, 01:59 AM
ajlevine
Track Day

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
Why not just got get a couple RS splitters to get a different look and save the cost of a whole new bumper?
...because I shredded the old bumper when I went through a barbed wire fence. hehe

-Andy
Old 10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
trojanman
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would get the euro NB (I did) or turbo... I don't think the height difference is worth worrying about, especially if you're still at US spec ride height. Use the opportunity to ditch the bumperettes whatever you do.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 395 Posts

Here is a turbo and RS front end next to each other, the turbo projects more in the middle but the RS projects more at the front corners, Mine still hits mostly in the center where the ftb is
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2006, 02:10 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

The real ground-scraper is the TTS front spoiler. It is a constant challenge to keep it from getting destroyed. It projects pretty far forward and is very low. Now if you want a real challenge, try driving anywhere with a GT-2 EVO front....LOL

Quick Reply: Euro Turbo vs. NB NA Bumper clearance?