Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DACH By-Pass Pipes: Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Harvey, thanks for taking the time and spending the money to do these dyno runs.

I could care less if someone discovered a system that provides more HP and torque over a stock set up but came upon it through luck or gut, rather than a more scientific, methodical or "factory" approach. I'm not sure how one can argue with the numbers, and, until another test is run to refute Harvey's findings, I'd call this information better than the internet, seat-of-the-pants dynoing that usually occurs. The bottom line is that Chris' cat bypass has, with only one sample, provided an increase in HP and torque over a given baseline, however flawed that sample may be.

If a million monkeys, and, Chris, this is in no way a diss, typed for a million years and created the works of Shakespeare, would it make the end product any less worth reading?
Old 10-23-2006, 09:05 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah..........okay non taken I do understand your point and appriciate your support. You said exactly what I did, just completely different. WHy does it matter how the end result is begot? Bottom line is that the dyno doesn't lie and my stuff works, just like electric motors can propell cars, as well as corn and french fry grease.......who cares, the driver still gets from point A to B.

Thanks again for your support
Old 10-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore

If a million monkeys, and, Chris, this is in no way a diss, typed for a million years and created the works of Shakespeare, would it make the end product any less worth reading?
Don't know and won't be there to see....but it sure would have a lousy time-to-market!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 993inNC
.......................just like electric motors can propell cars, as well as corn and french fry grease.......who cares, the driver still gets from point A to B.
But I do care which one will get me from A to B the fastest. As we have discussed, I care a lot!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
Don't know and won't be there to see....but it sure would have a lousy time-to-market!
But...but...our 993's would be worth billions by then!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
But I do care which one will get me from A to B the fastest. As we have discussed, I care a lot!
Have you ridden in some of the newest electric cars. Wrightspeed.com has one that'll rip your head right off your neck.
My point is that.....hey maybe my pipes aren't the end all to be all, but they DO work, the #'s don't lie. You can choose to like them or not. You can choose to believe in them or not. You can choose to buy them or not. I'm not against someone having an opinion about my stuff or anyone elses, but don't talk sh*t about something proven like it can't possibly be (not you). IT IS and IT DOES. I never did these for anyone else but me. But seems that so far 16 others (this year) have decided that noise was enough for the price to be paid....and now we find out that the noise makers actually have a benefit. I'm no master thinker or engineer. I had an idea, my friend and I made it happen, it looks cool, sounds great and those that also have them are happy. Why **** all over that? (not you)

Quick Reply: DACH By-Pass Pipes: Dyno Results