993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1996 Arena Red C4S (19k miles)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006 | 03:51 AM
RogueM3
Pro

Default FS: 1996 Arena Red C4S (19k miles)

Hey Guys,

My boss has asked me to put his car up for sale for the past few months, and only recently was I able to take some more pictures of the car in order to post this ad.

The owner of the car is a total car-nut (he runs a BMW performance shop and parts business (www.rebmw.com), and this car has been his baby. I think its only been caught in rain on a handful of occassions, and I am the ONLY one to ever detail this car. I do professional detailing, and Mark (the owner) made a big point of only me getting my hands on the car for cleaning and detailing.

He is the 2nd owner of the car, and it has been purely a weekend driver car since its purchase. The car currently has 19,492 miles on it, and is unlikely to crack 20k miles prior to the car selling.

The car is a 1996 MY, and the VIN #: WP0AA299XTS322958 (Picture of the VIN is in the gallery linked below)

The car has the following modifications performed (all professionally done/installed):

-Euro Front Bumper (deleted bumperettes)
-Turbo Tail/Wing
-RSR Mufflers
-"Cheese Grater"/ Motor Sound Intake Package
-RS Engine Mounts
-RS Clutch and Flywheel (less than 3k miles on the setup)
-Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs (Originals to be included with the car as well, with less than 7k miles on them)
-Debadged
-Aluminum Pedals
-Viper Alarm with Paging System
-Weltmeister(?) Front Strut Bar (the owner cant remember for sure what the exact make is, but it does have the bar installed)

He is only selling it because he and his wife gave birth to a boy about 6 months ago, and his free-time has all but disappeared. He figures he can use the garage space, and knows someone else can enjoy it more than he can at this point in his life.

He has a firm asking price of $58,000, and the car is located in Allendale, New Jersey. (Northeast Corner of NJ)

The pics below show the exterior exactly as it is now, and as it will be sold. The interior will look similar, but will have the factory non-sport seats reinstalled and the Recaros will be removed. (These factory seats have been well-stored in a dry area since their removal ~3k miles ago)

The car will need new rear tires shortly, as the rears are cupped. (apparently this is relatively common for rear-engine cars, including the 993)

Maintenance was always performed on time and personally by my boss in the Rogue Engineering facility.

If you would like to speak with the owner, he can be reached at (201) 444-8150 and ask for Mark.

By email you can either email me : RogueM3@gmail.com or the owner: Mark@REBMW.com

Teaser Pics...the rest (including some higher-res shots) are in the Gallery linked below these teasers..

Gallery of Pics: http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album549

Thanks again,

Richard
Old 10-22-2006 | 11:23 PM
RogueM3
Pro

End of the Weekend Bump...
Old 11-01-2006 | 04:56 AM
RogueM3
Pro

Lots of "Nice Car" and "I wish I could buy it" comments on other boards and in PMs, but no one serious yet.

Bump for anyone whos missed this ad thus far.

More than likely it will be put on Ebay in the coming few weeks/month
Old 11-01-2006 | 10:47 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

If you are the person responsible for detailing this C4S, you do beautiful work. PM me as to what you charge as I live in Central NJ.

I was wondering why this thread has had no posts other than your bumps. Is it the price?

Anyway..good luck to your boss in selling his car. It is very nice.

Mark
Old 11-01-2006 | 01:16 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

The price is high but it looks like a perfect specimen. I am getting ready to make my first P-car purchase and it can only be a 993 but my dreams of an S are slowly getting squashed because of the pricing. I want to drive the car and enjoy it but at $50 to $60K it is going to be too much to worry about. I guess my first one will have to be a NB. I have learned alot from this site in the past few months and plan on becoming a member very soon.
Old 11-01-2006 | 02:17 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Good point Doing to many things at one time
Old 11-01-2006 | 02:33 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

RougeM3 delete your post to me I deleted the post. Sorry I will post later. Good luck...
Old 11-03-2006 | 03:34 AM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
If you are the person responsible for detailing this C4S, you do beautiful work. PM me as to what you charge as I live in Central NJ.

I was wondering why this thread has had no posts other than your bumps. Is it the price?

Anyway..good luck to your boss in selling his car. It is very nice.
Thanks for the good words. Im not sure whats causing the relative lack of interest...Im sure that a buyer will come along shortly, as its hard to find a car thats in the overall condition this one is in.

Ill send you a PM momentarily regarding detailing which I did on this car, and do for mostly, but not limited to, higher-end European cars and SUVs.

Originally Posted by Cactus
The price is high but it looks like a perfect specimen.
I thought the price was pretty reasonable, and according to the other FS thread I made in the member-member classifieds (ad here: https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale-ads-member-to-member-fs-wtb-free/306104-fs-1996-arena-red-c4s-19k-miles.html ) people seemed to think the price was a little low. I guess the market never stays still, and its hard to make an apples-apples price comparison on cars as they always have different mileage and are usually in differing conditions. However, this one being perfect with lower mileage, should put it right at the top of C4S pricing range.

JV, we all do things sometimes we dont intend to...I deleted my post, and appreciate you having done the same.
Old 11-03-2006 | 11:49 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by RogueM3
The car will need new rear tires shortly, as the rears are cupped. (apparently this is relatively common for rear-engine cars, including the 993)
Richard
That is a nicely maintained, beautifully detailed and fairly priced car.

When I had cupping at around 25K miles, I could not believe the tire guy when he said worn shocks were causing the cupping. Even after I put on a new set of tires that cupped within 1K miles. Confirmed by a friend of mine who works for a major tire company.

Replaced the OEM shocks, and no cupping since.

Best luck with the sale.
Old 11-03-2006 | 01:22 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

I thought the price was pretty reasonable, and according to the other FS thread I made in the member-member classifieds (ad here: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306104 ) people seemed to think the price was a little low. I guess the market never stays still, and its hard to make an apples-apples price comparison on cars as they always have different mileage and are usually in differing conditions. However, this one being perfect with lower mileage, should put it right at the top of C4S pricing range.

JV, we all do things sometimes we dont intend to...I deleted my post, and appreciate you having done the same. [/QUOTE]

I'm not saying your price is too high just that overall the S prices are too high. Believe me if I hda the cash I would jump on the low mileage high price cars that are as perfect as new.
Old 11-03-2006 | 05:32 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
When I had cupping at around 25K miles, I could not believe the tire guy when he said worn shocks were causing the cupping. Even after I put on a new set of tires that cupped within 1K miles. Confirmed by a friend of mine who works for a major tire company.

Replaced the OEM shocks, and no cupping since.
Thanks for the kind words and advice, Terry. I appreciate it, and will pass the suggestion on to Mark (the owner) and see what he thinks.

Originally Posted by Cactus
I'm not saying your price is too high just that overall the S prices are too high. Believe me if I hda the cash I would jump on the low mileage high price cars that are as perfect as new.
I see. Good luck in your search.
Old 11-03-2006 | 05:42 PM
Aaron14
Intermediate

Hard to fork over $60K for an NA 993 when you can get a turbo for that much =/
Old 11-03-2006 | 05:47 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Aaron14
Time to post some pics of your car...
Old 11-03-2006 | 05:50 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by Aaron14
Its all about condition, though. Try finding a low mileage, equally perfect turbo for anything near $58k..
Old 11-03-2006 | 05:55 PM
Aaron14
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
Time to post some pics of your car...

I know...I need to take some first though

Quick Reply: FS: 1996 Arena Red C4S (19k miles)