Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 1996 Arena Red C4S (19k miles)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006 | 08:49 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by Fillipe
I am sure you think 58k is a fair price for a low mile car, but ........well anyway, you know much better than I........good luck with the sale.
Check out post #26. I posted those links SPECIFICALLY for those who are calling the price unfair or higher than market value. Those prices are higher than the one listed here. Yes, you can call those high if you want, but know that this isnt the only C4S with this kind of asking price.
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:08 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by RogueM3
Check out post #26. I posted those links SPECIFICALLY for those who are calling the price unfair or higher than market value. Those prices are higher than the one listed here. Yes, you can call those high if you want, but know that this isnt the only C4S with this kind of asking price.
have those cars sold for the asking price? For example I would sell my 04 gt 3 for 100k.....You can ask all you want, but what have these cars sold for?

So why is your "boss" having you list the car?
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:16 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

good for you. but please understand that "euro bumpers" are a pretty easy fix. as in they don't cost that much to reproduce.
I am sure you think 58k is a fair price for a low mile car, but ........well anyway, you know much better than I........good luck with the sale.
Well, what do you think the car is worth Fill, or Fillipe or Phil ??

I paid $49k for my 4S over 3 years ago with 43k on the clock. At the time, I thought it was overpriced... but today I realize it was worth every penny.
I don't think this car is unreasonably priced at all considering the favorable attention low mileage 993s are getting. It may not have been mentioned, but I believe this car has sport seats....yet another added value item to an otherwise sweet 4S.

Don't worry about folks picking on ya Rogue. Next thing you know, Fill will be apologizing to you for it and getting kudos of sincerity from the board only turn around and start mocking you all over again. He might even call himself The Rogue GT3er !!

Phil, you need to get yourself back to RI soon. I hear the G&T's at the Biltmore are now $10.00.
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:41 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by kdurg
Well, what do you think the car is worth Fill, or Fillipe or Phil ??

I paid $49k for my 4S over 3 years ago with 43k on the clock. At the time, I thought it was overpriced... but today I realize it was worth every penny.
I don't think this car is unreasonably priced at all considering the favorable attention low mileage 993s are getting. It may not have been mentioned, but I believe this car has sport seats....yet another added value item to an otherwise sweet 4S.

Don't worry about folks picking on ya Rogue. Next thing you know, Fill will be apologizing to you for it and getting kudos of sincerity from the board only turn around and start mocking you all over again. He might even call himself The Rogue GT3er !!

Phil, you need to get yourself back to RI soon. I hear the G&T's at the Biltmore are now $10.00.
Hey K,
nice to hear from you. so are you saying that car values are going up?
Who is picking on rogue? I was just asking his thought process, in some way did that offend you?
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:47 PM
RogueM3
Pro

have those cars sold for the asking price? For example I would sell my 04 gt 3 for 100k.....You can ask all you want, but what have these cars sold for?
I would guess that none of them have sold yet, as Autoweek came out on Thursday this week. Who knows, though, maybe some have...

I understand the difference between an asking price and a selling price, but posted the above links to show that the asking price isnt out of line with other asking prices.
So why is your "boss" having you list the car?
Im really trying to treat you with respect, but your comments are totally ungenuine and leading, and leave you looking like a confrontational assh*le. No need for the "boss" in quotes...he really is my boss during the summers when I work for his (and his partner's) company..its really quite simple, no?

To answer this question, He is pretty busy running a business and caring for his son, and knows that:
A) I have a Rennlist membership and a passion for Porsches
B) I have time on my hands when I am not in class, etc
C) I offerred to help
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:52 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey K,
nice to hear from you. so are you saying that car values are going up?
Who is picking on rogue? I was just asking his thought process, in some way did that offend you?
I think this car is worth and will sell for $55k. I also believe low mileage, relatively stock-- wide bodies ARE increasing in value. The supply of this type generation 993 is diminishing and with diminishing supplies therein results in higher prices to be included in the club.

Offend me ? Nah, I just know anytime someone tries to sell something exuberantly on the board--- some folks end up getting a hair across their *** about it and all hell breaks loose. Not that you're one of those folks or anything.
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:52 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

I would guess that none of them have sold yet, as Autoweek came out on Thursday this week. Who knows, though, maybe some have...

I understand the difference between an asking price and a selling price, but posted the above links to show that the asking price isnt out of line with other asking prices.

Im really trying to treat you with respect, but your comments are totally ungenuine and leading, and leave you looking like a confrontational assh*le. No need for the "boss" in quotes...he really is my boss during the summers when I work for his (and his partner's) company..its really quite simple, no?

To answer this question, He is pretty busy running a business and caring for his son, and knows that:
A) I have a Rennlist membership and a passion for Porsches
B) I have time on my hands when I am not in class, etc
C) I offerred to help
rogue,
I meant no disrespect. I think you doing a great job for you boss. I truly hope you get all the money for his car.

Hey keith,
something just clicked...cause I am a bit slow.....did you give up the mortgage biz, and become a bartender at the biltmore?
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:55 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey keith,
something just clicked...cause I am a bit slow.....did you give up the mortgage biz, and become a bartender at the biltmore?
Not yet.
Old 12-03-2006 | 09:58 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by kdurg
Not yet.
lol......in any case Kieth, good to see you still here.
Old 12-03-2006 | 10:05 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Aaron14
Hard to fork over $60K for an NA 993 when you can get a turbo for that much =/
where??? low mileage, excellent condition tt for 60k? i will take it, show me where to find it...
Old 12-03-2006 | 10:35 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
where??? low mileage, excellent condition tt for 60k? i will take it, show me where to find it...
http://truspeedmotorcars.com/invento..._stock_no=1071

This one sold for$60K out the door, which is roughly $56K -- nice car as I have drooled over it trying to rationalize how I must have this car.. next time
Old 12-03-2006 | 10:40 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsullivan

I find it interesting the comments that are made about the inherent risks of low mileage examples vs higher mileage (not high mileage) well maintained 993s and 993tts. So, which is it guys. Pay a premium for a rarely used example that has a number of things to sort out or pay a realistic price for an outstanding, but used example.

As always, market is determined when a buyer pays the $$$$.
Old 12-03-2006 | 10:42 PM
CurBrwn79
Instructor

wish I had the funds
Old 12-03-2006 | 10:56 PM
RogueM3
Pro

rogue,
I meant no disrespect. I think you doing a great job for you boss. I truly hope you get all the money for his car.
Yeah, my nature is to be defensive anytime someone attacks/doubts on of my FS ads, which is probably a little unecessary. I mean, this is a discussion board, who says a FS thread cannot be discussed?

I actually am getting nothing out of this sale, though I would like to see Mark sell his car for his asking price or very near it.

Thanks for the well wishing on the price...I truthfully dont know if it will sell for the $58k, but I know Mark would like it to.
Old 12-03-2006 | 11:00 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Yeah, my nature is to be defensive anytime someone attacks/doubts on of my FS ads, which is probably a little unecessary. I mean, this is a discussion board, who says a FS thread cannot be discussed?

I actually am getting nothing out of this sale, though I would like to see Mark sell his car for his asking price or very near it.

Thanks for the well wishing on the price...I truthfully dont know if it will sell for the $58k, but I know Mark would like it to.
No problem.
Maybe Keith will give you a lead, or at least help you out.

Quick Reply: FS: 1996 Arena Red C4S (19k miles)