Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Speed Yellow 993 For Sale

1995 993 For Sale
· Speed Yellow, black partial leather interior
· 47k Miles – three owner car bought new in San Diego – never left the state –
· Clean title
· 6 speed coupe with factory installed M030 suspension
· No accidents – the only paint work includes a front hood respray as well as the front bumper cover due to removing bumperettes and some stone chips – I have plenty of ‘before’ images --
· Nice tight car, drives as new – excellent clutch feel – no oil leaks!
· I have added ROW M030 suspension springs to bring the ride height down a little – aligned and corner balance checked – cross weight within 15lbs.
· HID conversion
· Factory options include: M030, limited slip, ABD, sport seats, rear emblem delete, CD player, plus all of the std options like CC, A/C, Sunroof, P/W, P/L, Factory alarm etc.
· Factory RS splitters, MA Shaw RS tail, high mounted third brake light
· AJ USA Strut Brace
· MotorSound exhaust tips
· Euro front turn signal lenses

I bought the car early 2002 from a local BMW dealer where I got to speak with the old(er) couple who were trading-in this car for a new 7 series. It was nice to speak with them about this car. The car had ~41K miles on it then. It’s evident that I don’t drive this car enough.

The reason I am selling is, from above, that I don’t drive it enough! It is a lower mileage, really nice car that I worry about too much while driving. Sad isn’t it? This is the sole reason I replaced it with a higher mileage, lesser condition 993 if you will.

New Parts and Maintenance: Full dealer stamped maintenance log up until I owned it. I do all of the work on the car – I simply do NOT trust dealers. I work in Professional Motorsports and have done so for over 10 years. I have seen the work most dealers get away with – not impressed. Anyhow, I have receipts for all new parts, typically factory Porsche service parts. All updates have been completed with the exception of the kinematic lever kit for the clutch pedal assembly. Clutch feels great, so I have left it alone. The only time it has been to the dealer for repair was for the engine wiring harness update. All hinges lubricated periodically as a part of routine maintenance.

Never experienced a CEL!

New Clutch slave cylinder AND hose. All new brake lines and fluid. Newer Porsche brake rotors and pads, front and rear. Fresh gearbox oil, engine oil is new (Mobil1 – always), air filter, spark plugs. New caps and rotors. Both pollen filters recently changed as well. I recently installed 6 new hydraulic lifter inserts – left side engine –one was making some noise, so I replaced all 6 on that side of the engine. Certainly I am forgetting many things – as they come to mind, I will forward updates.

Door check strap is good – I have slightly relieved the tension on the check strap assembly to prevent pulling out the spot welds – see: http://p-car.com/diy/doorcheck/

The car spends more time on stands with the wheels off than on the ground. I am always cleaning the underside and little by little, detailing bits here and there. The fender wells are clean. Door jambs as well.

Local PPI welcomed -- I can also provide the PPI paperwork I had completed when I purchased the car, as well as a current Carfax

$38K - firm
Home email is cwalrod@sbcglobal.net -- anytime
Attached Images      

Last edited by chris walrod; 10-09-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Berkley
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It Seems Like Yesterday

When I remember you early posts about finding and buying the Porsche.....It is a lovely example with some seldom seen factory options ffor model year 1995.....Hope you kept the original cup wheels

For what this old guy knows your price is more than fair...I know you will miss it....

Over the last five years you have been a great friend to Rennlist and Porsche owners everywhere. You are a true Gentleman in every sense of the word
Old 10-09-2006, 07:26 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i love 993's w/o nipples. i wanna do that sans light-washer thing to my 993.& the rs-thig too. i dig.

looks great chris... bol
Old 10-09-2006, 08:45 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Another awesome 993 on the market... If I was buying this would be a great time given that 3 993's from good loving Rennlist homes are on the market....
Old 10-09-2006, 08:48 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 442 Likes on 241 Posts

I hope it finds a good home
Old 10-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good luck with the sale Chris. I wish this car had come up when I was looking!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:40 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Berkley
When I remember you early posts about finding and buying the Porsche.....It is a lovely example with some seldom seen factory options ffor model year 1995.....Hope you kept the original cup wheels

For what this old guy knows your price is more than fair...I know you will miss it....

Over the last five years you have been a great friend to Rennlist and Porsche owners everywhere. You are a true Gentleman in every sense of the word
Thanks for the kind words! Truly appreciated!

Yes, I remember the day we brought it home and I photographed it in the same driveway as I did today. How time flies.

I have the original cup wheels, splitters and tail if someone would desire those bits instead. The car is easily configurable to be 100% factory stock, no problem.

Also, since black wheels aren't everyones cup-o-tea, I can have the turbo twists refinished back to silver if so desired.

Thanks for all of your compliments!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 AM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris - How 'bout those TechArt fogs?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:02 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Good luck with the sale Chris. She is a beauty and will give the new owner a great ride. Enjoy the new project.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:28 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will not have any problem selling this car. Someone would be very fortunate to have it and still have you around to pass along advice and words of wisdom here on Rennlist. I really do hope it goes to a Rennlister.

Dave
Old 10-10-2006, 10:32 AM
tlark
Drifting

Chris, I was waiting to see this go 4 sale since you bought that black car up in SF. A possible replacement for my tt looking for a user friendly weekender DE car but its too nice for that. Great example.......and its fairly priced. It will be gone within 2 weeks.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:51 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More like, gone in 60 seconds. Jo, get it before it goes.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:19 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 317 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by mnmblu
More like, gone in 60 seconds. Jo, get it before it goes.
OHHHHHHHH the pressure is on!!!
I'm (we're) trying to decide!!!! OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

JoAnne
Old 10-10-2006, 02:27 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Go for it, Joanne...that is absolutely one of THE sharpest 993's I've seen on here.

And, you won't lose it in a parking lot!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:45 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Keep it up with the compliments.... and the price is going up

Quick Reply: Speed Yellow 993 For Sale