Sponsored by:

Varioram VAcuum - R&R - Uh Oh!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Gerry Kluck
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Varioram VAcuum - R&R - Uh Oh!!

Thanks for resurrecting this thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/297941-varioram-vacuum-r-and-r-stint-installed.html) Garth. Great initial post Martin. I checked today and quickly noticed 2 things:

1 - the vacuum splitter (993 110 573 00) was flat as a pancake (red circle). (R&R done using Garth's spring solution rather than the earlier discussed copper sleeve...works beautiful! This site is great, thanks!)

2 - one of the vacuum tubes was disconnected (yellow arrow).

Easy enough fix I say to myself...plug it back in.... and viola... ...At full stop idle fluctuates wildly (RPM's go from 650 -> 1200 -> 400) and car dies. Re-start, motor to the end of the driveway...same thing. So I un-plug the vacuum tube and everything's back to normal, car runs strong. (Albeit non optimal as I've come to find out because varioram was/is non-operational).

Search told me that there's a problem with the vacuum system (although the AC works like a champ??) Once I get some garage time next week, I'll try to diagnose using Eric's leakage test (post #136 of Martin's original thread).

Any thoughts in the meantime?

Quick Reply: Varioram VAcuum - R&R - Uh Oh!!