Sponsored by:

I love my 993 .... !

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:36 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by H20NOO
I put over 1000 miles on my 997 last week (nearly 7k since July 31) and it's a fantastic car. It's my daily driver and I couldn't be much happier. It's also a very competent track car and ran over 200 miles at Thunderhill Raceway last week, and a PCA autocross without so much as a hiccup.

But, the car that still excites me every time I open the garage door is the 993. There's just something incredibly sexy and boldly aggressive about the 993 body that has never been duplicated. I washed it on Saturday and took it out for a short spin. It makes me smile every time I drive it.

As for a comparison - the 993 is like a traditional 911, mechanical, connected, visceral, and minimal. The 997 is much more of a GT car along the lines of the new M3. It's got much more power, refinement, isolation, insulation, poise, gadgets, comfort, and quietness. As I've stated in the past, the 993 is my P-51 Mustang and the 997 is my Gulfstream V.

MC
Great analogy but since I'm not rated in a P-51 or Gulfstream V, I'd have to say my 993 is like an older Mooney 201, lower HP, fast with nimble handling but sparse in comfort and the 997S I drove is like a fully optioned F-36 Bonanza with all the creature comforts, faster by a bit, not quite as nimble in the tight stuff but uber comfortable.

Both are exceptional cars with my older/married side wanting the comfort of the 997 but the little kid in me say's "hell No!, I'm still having too much fun with my 993"

ZP44
Old 10-27-2006, 02:24 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
I wish I could turn a phrase like you, m'friend. Couldn't agree with your analogy more.

But, I wonder how many are old enuf to know what a P51 is? The Gulfstream ... well, tnat goes without saying.
That painted an excellent picture. I feel really bad for anyone that does not know what either of those are.

Come to think of it, last month in Reno I got to watch both P-51's and buisjets scream around the closed pylon cours 1 mile high in the desert. Man.. so awesme but SOO different. I think I could liken my 993 to a P-51.. or, maybe a Bearcat (being air/oil cooled and all). LOL

A thread is always better with photos.. right? (here a couple very low-res versions). Sorry. .I just could not resist!!! Anyone else heavily into avaiation too?
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: I love my 993 .... !