Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Recaro Sportster CS Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 09:40 PM
neunneundrei
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok - I stand corrected on some of the info...

The Cobra Misano's are only about .5" wider at the thigh bolsters than the Recaros. The Cobra's are also a little lighter than these from Recaro.

And...I must admit...they look absolutely stunning!

I saw some pics in a 993 (https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...t=cobra+misano - thanks for reminding me Temple ) and I can't believe how great they look!

So, a question for anyone: Do the Cobra's actually lower the seat height somewhat? I have a problem fitting in the car with my helmet...thoughts anyone?

Thx.

-- Enrico
Old 10-05-2006, 09:47 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,938 Likes on 2,797 Posts

Originally Posted by neunneundrei
So, a question for anyone: Do the Cobra's actually lower the seat height somewhat? I have a problem fitting in the car with my helmet...thoughts anyone?
Enrico - I asked this same question of the guys at Sube and they said no, it would retain the same height as stock. I wonder if a custom mount could be made for the Misano that would lower them (I have headroom issues too)...
Old 10-05-2006, 09:55 PM
neunneundrei
Racer

Right, so there are a couple of questions then:

1. What would it take to build a custom mount for the Misano OR
2. Are the Recaro's lower?

Hmmm....

-- Enrico
Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RallyJon
If you look at the seat cushion shape, only Koenig uses that shape side bolsters.
What about the old Recaro seats in the Jetta GTX / Golf GTI 16V. The seat cushion was pretty close to the Ruf seat.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:52 PM
neunneundrei
Racer

Oh, and BTW, there is another seat I found which is as narrow as the original p-car seats:

http://www.corbeau.com/products/a4/a4.shtml#

Other threads I've read suggest that Corbeau has more of an entry-level brand positioning but that the quality is good.

If anyone has any further opinions on this seat please provide comments...

-- Enrico
Attached Images  
Old 10-06-2006, 12:18 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the ruf's are by recaro... weren't they from their "a" series??? i think pong & steve may have 'em.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:25 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

24FPS,

Sorry... Pong has either GT3 seats or A8s... I forget which. I WANT Ruf seats, but still have my stock ones. The Cobra Misanos look really nice. Dang. Actually, they all look nice. Dang.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

There is some more discussion (and pics) of the fitment of the misanos here:
Cobra Misano Thread
Old 10-06-2006, 04:06 PM
neunneundrei
Racer

Thanks Temple

Wow, that's tight - and I'm not just talking about TYNUSKT's Avatar Had to do a double take

Anyway, it sounds like there isn't much difference between the Sparcos and the Cobras - although I will say this: When I first installed the Sparcos, I found that the aluminum-looking bits are just that - they're all plastic pieces and break quite easily. Not sure if the Cobras are the same - I'm guessing not.

So one telling number that I will use is the 44cm from the top of the brake pedal to the seat back - be interesting to measure my current settings.

-- Enrico
Old 11-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

I just saw the Sportster CS at Griffin Motorwerks in Berkeley. Terry said his initial order should be there any day. The seat is REALLY comfortable. Not as much upper lateral support as the old SRD, maybe about the same as a Speed, but a way nicer seat. I'm going back with a tape measure to see about the width. The Sportster was sitting right next to a Speed, which I have and know barely fits, so it should be an easy comparison. I agree the seat looks a bit funky with the two tone look, but it is available in all black, which looks better on the website. The only problem, if you want a dual purpose track seat, is that 5 point is not an option right now.

BTW, the frame is the same as used in the new Ferraris, Aston Martins and Audi RS4.

Greg H.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:51 PM
neunneundrei
Racer

Greg,

Good to know! I've been e-mailing Terry and busting his chops - the big question I have is how much lower the seat could sit compared to the stock seat - right now the distance from the back of the seat to the rool liner is about 35" or so. Would be nice to know if these are lower - if they are, I'm definitely in for a couple
Great to know they're comfortable as well
Old 11-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Moses
AutoX

I just sat in a Recaro Sportster at Griffin Motorwerke. Wow! Amazinly comfortable. I'm 6'2" and 215 pounds and they were perfect. This seat is going to sit a lot lower than the Speed or Sport. The bottom is really thin. The outside width from adjustment **** to adjustment **** is 55 cm. The harness holes are about an inch lower than the Sport and about an inch higher than the Pole Position.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:06 PM
neunneundrei
Racer

Moses, thanks a ton for the update! I've been waiting to hear more about them since I don't have ready access to any Recaro dealers who have them. At 55cm (21.6"), I take it that one **** will likely have to be removed for the seat to slide fore and aft? As for the height, that's the best news - I'll probably sign up for a pair.

Thanks again.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:16 PM
kmckmc
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Please post your pictures of Sportster CS with P cars.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:29 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also the same seat as used in the Lotus Evora;

http://www.babez.de/2008/07/lotus-evora/

Quick Reply: Recaro Sportster CS Update