Sponsored by:

OT: Very sad..Porsche crash...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 11:56 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by f_scaife
I find it iritating that the make of the car is mentioned in the title and article. "Porshce flies off freeway...." If it was a Toyota would it read the same way? Or a Honda? I know some people (public) will automatically assume that he was some snobbish, impatient, wreckless person. Maybe he was, but why should the make of the car be relavant?
me too.

even the other week when ellen degeneres got rear ended in her porsche carrera by a drunk woman in her porsche carrera on sunset blvd. wth?!

back ot... it is sad someone actually died for b.s. like this. that picture of the p-car is tragic.

Last edited by 24FPS; 10-04-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Flyingtexan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

California drivers making the news again...gee who wuda thunk it....I think I'll bust out crying...tissue anyone?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Flyingtexan
California drivers making the news again...gee who wuda thunk it....I think I'll bust out crying...tissue anyone?
Uncool.

Ummm, in case you missed it in the article, someone died. He may have contributed to his death. He may have been completely blameless. We don't know.

We can spend the next month hypothesizing about what happened, but perhaps it might be best to wait for the evidence to come out before we make a judgement and damn the dead?

Last edited by Mark in Baltimore; 10-04-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Sputnik
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that guy in blue short does look pretty happy... must be simply because he is on camera! The death of another human being doesn't frustrate him a bit!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:29 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Well, the info is pretty sketchy, but I think we have two idiots expressing a bit of road rage. The Porsche was tailgating, and the VW pulled a "brake check" manuever, causing the Porsche to swerve to avoid hitting the VW. He hit him anyway (maybe lost control) and he lost his life. Grow-up, people. (I'm directing that last comment at these two idiots, one of whom will not be able to comply).
Pretty judgmental comment. Have you ever been pissed off by an idiot or unsafe driver and passed him up quickly? I know I have. Could very well be a jealous VW driver was screwing around with the Porsche driver and swerved in front as he was trying to pass.

Bottom line: It sad someone died. And, although not nearly important, I hate to see a beautiful Porsche (yes, I like 996s too) ruined.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow... this shows why the 2 second rule has value.

The scariest moment for me was when my computer went into a spontaneous hard reboot just as the vid ended.

Two idiots on the road.... now time for a COMPUTER HARD DISK backup
Old 10-04-2006, 06:48 PM
avillena
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very sad indeed; I do travel that road occasionally; my daughter lives around that area. My granddaughter once said "you drive slow pops" I think I'll stick to it; specially when I'm carrying a precious passenger like her. San Diego news released his name: Ronald Otera of El Cajon, RIP. I'm wondering if was a member of PCA San Diego region.

Quick Reply: OT: Very sad..Porsche crash...