Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DACH Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

It's Carolina Motorsports Park, a fun track in Kershaw, SC. Lots of run-off room, tough on tires and brakes.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:01 PM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

These threads to do with cat bypass pipes have been really good.
So I just installed some Fabspeed mufflers and they sound great, There's a slight droan at about 120km's but thats fine. I like it, especially the noise when you plant it.
But how much noisier is it likely to get with the bypass pipes? I don't think I would like it a lot louder. Anyone have both already?
The bypass made a noticable spool up difference on my last 3.6 Turbo (965) but they are quiet cars to start with, so no issues with noise.
Cheers
Old 10-03-2006, 06:08 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had Cargraphic mufflers before doing bypasses and they were loud to begin with. Going to bypasses is definitely louder, especially at WOT; not so much at idle. Going from stock mufflers to aftermarket was a bigger change than adding bypasses, but I wouldn't want to get any louder now, and as it is I'm pretty easy on the throttle driving around town. They sound awesome though, raspier vs. just louder. Oh, on the highway with the windows up it's not bad at all for longer trips.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:27 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
It's Carolina Motorsports Park, a fun track in Kershaw, SC. Lots of run-off room, tough on tires and brakes.
I have heard that from more people and I just don't see how? Roebling is BRUTAL on tires, VIR can take down brakes, but really only turn one and......9(?) just before the kink left at CMP are really hard, the rest aren't to bad. And the surface is fairly smooth with only that turn 5 carosle that off cambers a bit. That vid was of my first time there and I loved it. Its fast and open and just technical enough.

But we're getting off topic
Old 10-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roebling has been repaved and is supposed to be MUCH better on tires now. I may be going down with some Ferrari guys later this month.

Kershaw (CMP) is terrible on brakes due to several 90 degree turns ... I lost my brakes completely my first weekend there. The 'Kink' is where you either lose time or gain time ... never brake ... feather if you have to ... but never brake.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by 993inNC
I have heard that from more people and I just don't see how? Roebling is BRUTAL on tires, VIR can take down brakes, but really only turn one and......9(?) just before the kink left at CMP are really hard, the rest aren't to bad. And the surface is fairly smooth with only that turn 5 carosle that off cambers a bit. That vid was of my first time there and I loved it. Its fast and open and just technical enough.
Chris,

T11 through T14 are so tight and tough on the front tires. I dunno, it seems like a grippy but abrasive track. I think fast and flowing tracks like VIR and Watkins Glen are much easier on brakes and tires.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I suppose it depends on the type of pad you're using too. I just have textars and they're pretty easy on rotors. 11-14 don't seem to carry enough speed to really hammer on brakes. turn 1 and 9 on the other hand

Harvey, they did get it paved? I guess they found funding after all. Last I herd, they were looking for donations to replace lost funding

Quick Reply: DACH Pipes