Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Is LA Porsche Dismantlers always like this? Survey says...yes, pretty much

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:28 AM
sonny1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do have the parts!, on the other token, what will you expect from a junk yard! 5 star service?? don't think so., cheers.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:57 AM
colo964
Advanced

I walked in there one day. They have lots of people "working" there so should be able to respond, but their "inventory" is a clusterfork. To top that off, they are way too over priced. For the parts I wanted, I could have ordered new from PacificImports or other sources. Walked right out of there with my cash. Will never deal with them.

EASY in emeryville is cool and so is Parts Heaven in Hayward.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:35 PM
japser23
Track Day

Yes, it's a junk yard and I don't expect 5 star service from them. BUT, business is business and when you clearly lie about what you are selling, the you must make it right.
Bottom line, If I were to have read these posts before dealing with them, I wouldn't have dealt with them and saved myself a huge hasle. Those guys aren't just junk yard workers. They are crooks and it starts with the owner Todd. LAD or LAPD is not even is the same ball park as Fry's as business ethics go.

Last edited by japser23; 10-02-2006 at 12:36 PM. Reason: change word
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Again, folks, thanks for all of the feedback. It's great for the archives.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Indycam
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was the high bidder on two items on ebay . After the auction they would not come up with anything.
They said the auctions were not auctions . I know of another guy who was the high bidder and got nothing . I can't tell you how much I disslike them .
They are slime from the underside of a pile of dog ....
Old 10-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Indycam
They are slime from the underside of a pile of dog ....
Very descriptive.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From reading all of these responses, it's hard to believe they are still in business.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Schnell!
Track Day

I recently had a horrible experience with LA Porsche Dismantlers. They sat around for 13 days before they shipped my stuff, then got all pissed off when I left negative feedback. They didn't reply to my emails asking where my stuff was, either. Their response to my negative feedback was that I was a liar.

After shopping around, i could have gotten the item I ordered brand new from the dealer down the stret for $10 more.

Never again.

Als, have you seen their website? They link to it from all of their auctions. After leaving negative feedback for them, they offered mediation to have the feedback removed. Basically, they gave me my parts for free to bribe me into withdrawing the feedback. If you look at the feedback that's been left, you'll find quite a few instances of "feedback mutually withdrawn" to preserve their 100% positive rating. Read the feedback, though.....shady stuff going on.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Joe S.
From reading all of these responses, it's hard to believe they are still in business.
Like I said before....
Old 11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

I have done business with Todd and LAPD for over 7 years now. I have almost never had an issue with anything from them. When there was a quick phone call took care of it. I can tell you we are not talking about wheels here, I have bought motors, heads, cams, etc. I have friends that have bought whole cars.

I would suggest if someone has concern give Todd a call directly. I obviously don't work for Todd but can say I continue to buy parts from them and never disappointed.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:34 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PorschePhD
I have done business with Todd and LAPD for over 7 years now. I have almost never had an issue with anything from them. When there was a quick phone call took care of it. I can tell you we are not talking about wheels here, I have bought motors, heads, cams, etc. I have friends that have bought whole cars.

I would suggest if someone has concern give Todd a call directly. I obviously don't work for Todd but can say I continue to buy parts from them and never disappointed.
Been there, done that.

Sorry, but a real PIA to work with. That was my experience. I ended up eating about $300 in the end.
Glad your experience was different.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:38 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

No worries. I just wanted to offer my experience. I know sometimes things happen. It does with every business. If you have employees sometimes things fall through the cracks. No matter how hard we try as owners to prevent that. Don't ask me how I know. The end result for us is to make sure we take care of it. My point was Todd has always done that for me..
Old 11-13-2006, 02:08 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

I know sometimes things happen.
Thanks for your feedback, Stephen. I guess the question is how often those things happen.

Or not.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:55 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess he realizes that you are a business and he needs to keep you coming back. So you'll get great prices and great services.

But, for the average Joe, is a one time deal for them, with someone that drives a Porsche and doesn't know the value of money. They'll try to stick you with the
highest price they can for the worst shape stuff they have.

I've dealt with them on 2 different ocassions and in both cases it was a nightmare. I didn't want to try the third time. Never again.

I better stop now...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Shahrams
Instructor

HI Guys, wher can i buy couple of 3,4 996 motors. I prefer defect or core engins.
Thanks for support
Shahram

Quick Reply: Is LA Porsche Dismantlers always like this? Survey says...yes, pretty much