993 Forum 1995-1998

Aerokit 1B Side Skirt Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:26 AM
jhale
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerokit 1B Side Skirt Install Question

For those of you who have upgraded the side skirts, have you had any fitment issues with the factory 1B's? My car is finally in the shop getting all of the goodies installed and the only complaint I have received is about the factory pieces! In fact, they were very impressed with the MA Shaw piece and commented on how well it fit relative to the OEM parts.

In particular, the side skirts don't sit flush on the body of the car. Even the corner cuts were a bit out of square and the full length of the piece had a slight twist to it. I confirmed it myself and was curious if anyone ran into the same problem.

These parts were ordered from Gert with all of the adhesive, directions, ect. They are also aware that the original bottom portion of the existing skirt needs to come off. This is a very reputable body shop that speacializes in p-cars, bmw's and MB's.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon
Old 09-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have put 3 sets of skirts on and never had an issue. That's odd to hear that they are having fitment issues. Maybe others have had the same isues
Old 09-19-2006, 01:40 PM
jhale
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I remember you installing these on two of your cars and hearing about how well they fit. This is one of the reasons why I went OEM. Do you have any close up pictures of them on the car so I can see how high they come up on the side of the car. Don't they fit into the small indendentation along the base of the car? Also, I recall you mentioning that you removed the existing plastic skirt before putting on the new one, correct?

Thanks- JH
Old 09-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

jahale:

Check your PM
Old 09-19-2006, 02:50 PM
kb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Mike's cars were all the inspiration I needed to get the 1b skirts from Gert. He is the man to talk to as he was helpful with suggestions on my install too. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Aerokit 1B Side Skirt Install Question