Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confrontation with the guy who backed into my parked C4S

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:59 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember my first new car with less then 1000 miles I parked in a lot of a health spa and when I came out there was a ratty old Mustang next to me. Sure enough there was a large door ding in my passenger door. After letting off a little steam I went in and asked the manager to page for the owner. The owner finely came to the desk and asked the what the problem was ( Very heavy older lady, nasty.), I explained the problem and from her came a very loud protest. We move out to the parking lot and she still protests almost to the point of hitting me. Well that ends it for me, I call the sherif. When they come, they investigates a bit closer. The lady opens her door and protests that the door does not match the dent. So I ask her to kindly to sit her fat *** in her car and open her door. Loll and behold it matched. Vindication, me with a big smile!!!

jv
Old 09-19-2006, 12:07 AM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by John Velasco
I remember my first new car with less then 1000 miles I parked in a lot of a health spa and when I came out there was a ratty old Mustang next to me. Sure enough there was a large door ding in my passenger door. After letting off a little steam I went in and asked the manager to page for the owner. The owner finely came to the desk and asked the what the problem was ( Very heavy older lady, nasty.), I explained the problem and from her came a very loud protest. We move out to the parking lot and she still protests almost to the point of hitting me. Well that ends it for me, I call the sherif. When they come, they investigates a bit closer. The lady opens her door and protests that the door does not match the dent. So I ask her to kindly to sit her fat *** in her car and open her door. Loll and behold it matched. Vindication, me with a big smile!!!

jv
The gods were smiling on you brother! Too bad all of these type of incidents
couldn't end this way. Sweet Justice!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:08 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would call the guy back and tell him you need $1200 cash to fix it and if doesnt pay, he will never find out who's actually sleeping with his wife.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:19 AM
josephla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just let it be. As tough as that sounds it is the best thing to do. You demonstrated real class which many people seem to lack especially this guy! Keep your head high, trash like that is not worth anymore of your time.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:22 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Easy. Find out where the scummsucker lives and put a mailer in all the neighbours letter boxes telling them he's a child molesterer.
Failing that, get his number, call the phone company, tell them you are leaving the country for 3 months and to disconnect the phone.
If they ask for a pin number or password, you forgot it and you are just about to board a flight to Katmandu.
I hate ****** like that.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:27 AM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Here Here...

Old 09-19-2006, 12:40 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a review of the place on citysearch.com I use citysearch religiously when trying to find some new places to eat and reviews on places.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:14 AM
Paulsha911
Racer

Originally Posted by tj90
Wern't you thinking of selling this car and having ECM sytstem issues? Your headaches never cease my friend. I will be lighting a candle for you tonight my friend!
The car drives like a dream after the top end rebuild. No more loud sawing machine taping noise. The noise is replaced with the X pipe / RSR exhaust sound now. Sweet!

The ECM thing was troubshot by Devek. Turned out to be a loose pin in a connector.

After going thru all this, I really want to keep the car now.

Paul
Old 09-19-2006, 10:29 AM
slider172
Scared to Look
Rennlist Member

This isnt exactly on topic, but it reminded me. The first(only) time my wife drove my car , she took it to the salon. While she was in, someone hit the front bumper of my car. It scuffed the bumper but not anything major. She didnt even notice. Later in theday I was at the gas station and saw it . I freaked at first since I only had the car a couple of weeks at the time. Now I think the scuff is a good thing because A. I can have the front freshened now and B. My wife will not even consider driving my car now.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:54 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are willing to go to court take photos, have another shop give you a written estimate and fill out the court papers. Nothing requires that you fix the car; only that you be compensated for the damages. So if you really wanna cause the guy some inconvenience at the expense of your own time take him to court. If no one saw it happen and he is convincing that you caused damage to his car it may be a draw. Needless to say I would not get my hair cut at that place again.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:22 PM
norcal993cab
AutoX

Atleast you know who caused the damage on your p-car....some A-hole keyed my passenger door at the San Carlos Airport 2 weeks ago when I left it there to fly to Palm Springs for 36 hours.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:45 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not matter what, there comes a time for being a gentleman and then there is a time for kicking ***.

This guy was hunting for an *** kicking but your restraint was well warranted considering the legal costs of you stomping his dumb *** into pulp.

I would have called the police and taken photos immediately and then got the best shops in my area to give me estimates off the chart and stick the jerk with an accident on his DMV and Insurance.

All that said, if it was really me and my 993, I would have kicked some politeness into his carcass (really I would have)

ZP44
Old 09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

This kind of stuff really pisses me off but there is little that can be done about it. I did catch a semi trucker hitting my Benz and I hollered at him. He gets out of the truck and gets in my face. He backed off a little when he realized I was a head taller than him. It is hard to file a claim for a few scratches but I hate having the perimeter of the cars beat up by a$$ h***s.

Reminds me of a movie with WC Fields "If I Had A Million". He finally saves up and gets his car and some "road hog" runs him off the road and he wrecks it. He goes and bues a bunch of cars with his new million (back when a milion was something) and has drivers follow him and runs all the road hogs off the road with his supply of cars. Ahhh, Ya road hog!

I am temped to get a beater and do the same thing!

Grrrr!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:31 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
Not matter what, there comes a time for being a gentleman and then there is a time for kicking ***.ZP44
THAT'S what I'm talkin about! Kick his *** SeaBass!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:45 PM
trickydisco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
Not matter what, there comes a time for being a gentleman and then there is a time for kicking ***.

This guy was hunting for an *** kicking but your restraint was well warranted considering the legal costs of you stomping his dumb *** into pulp.

I would have called the police and taken photos immediately and then got the best shops in my area to give me estimates off the chart and stick the jerk with an accident on his DMV and Insurance.

All that said, if it was really me and my 993, I would have kicked some politeness into his carcass (really I would have)

ZP44

+1 ... but I admittedly have a bit of a short fuse for people who are
rude or bullies. I would then be in the wrong, but I would not be
able to stop myself.

Quick Reply: Confrontation with the guy who backed into my parked C4S