Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

2 questions plus one answer

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:20 PM
trevor townsend
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll check the code on the factory touch-up bottle in glovebox.
Car is still on the transporter coming back from the annual P parade.Would have driven the 1600kms there but no other takers. Your color looks similar and very cool - love that ride hight.

Originally Posted by rcwelch
Trevor, Nice looking car...are you sure your color code says Midnight. In the sun it looks close to Iris.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:51 AM
trevor townsend
Instructor

Default Wrong color - sex change!

Well car is back so was able to check the color ref on the touch up bottle - Cap'n Midnight is really Miss Iris! Talk about coming out . Main thing is I love the color whatever it's called. Thanks for spotting my error Randy and Steve. Any warbabies remember Captain Midnight comics. Sorry OT

Originally Posted by rcwelch
Trevor, Nice looking car...are you sure your color code says Midnight. In the sun it looks close to Iris.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:02 AM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

hi trevor
i am an ex rsa from durban and was chairman of the kzn chapter for a while.
i recognise the driver in the pic....cant remember his name though.....how was the pararde and is brian white doing anything "big" these days. i still have the article where he got 330 kmh ( 210mph) in his modded car in the 80's...
Old 10-01-2006, 06:39 PM
trevor townsend
Instructor

Default Hi Spikes

The parade was ok. Not the best I've been to. Sun City is just too far from both Kayalami racetrack and Tarlton drag strip both of which had all day events. Too much time spent just getting there.
I did not get to meet Brian White but the guy Willie in the picture didn't bring the car featured. However I will be getting a history of the car with details of it's development which I'll post. Peddy Bam has a nicely modded 964 besides his 997 which he brought along. The KZN guys did very well including Eric Bell Sun Moodley and others who I don't know.
When did you leave here ?
Best
TT

Originally Posted by SPIKES
hi trevor
i am an ex rsa from durban and was chairman of the kzn chapter for a while.
i recognise the driver in the pic....cant remember his name though.....how was the pararde and is brian white doing anything "big" these days. i still have the article where he got 330 kmh ( 210mph) in his modded car in the 80's...
Old 10-01-2006, 09:35 PM
SPIKES
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

yip..willie. he has had some mean tt's. i left rsa in 2000. the cars here are so cheap and clubs very active but i sure miss the "old boys".
best
spikes

Quick Reply: 2 questions plus one answer