Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF C4S OFFICIALLY FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006 | 08:21 PM
slider172
Scared to Look
Rennlist Member

Adam is 23 driving a Porsche.If he bought it himself, thats an quite an accomplishment! Lets see, At 23 I'd have probably done the same thing with my Porsche( if I had one). I think I was worried about Beer money @23.
Old 09-17-2006 | 08:35 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Rennlist is a huge part of why i am selling....not fond of being part of a community that has people that threat people like this. Of course this does not include the people who are my friends and who have been kind to me. This is the only community I hav been a part of where people think it is just "making fun" to talk the way they do. Not cool....so here I go.
ADAM
Old 09-17-2006 | 10:19 PM
max911
Rennlist Member

Adam, first off, I like your car. I am sure most everyone here does.
I like almost all of your mods, and i am sure a lot of rennlisters like most of them too.

BUT, you continually refer to your car as something it is not. From the Ruf badges on the lids, to the name of this thread. (Unless you put that in there on purpose, knowing bad publicity is better than no publicity )

Dude, there is a huge difference between wanting to own a Ruf Porsche and wanting people to think that you do own a Ruf Porsche.

I am sure that the BMW 318i owners who put M3 badges, seats, wheels and wings on their four-bangers are not well received in their BMW internet "communities".
Same as a Mustang sporting '5.0' and 'GT' badges etc, when in reality a lesser model hides under the cosmetics. The list could go on and on. I've seen guys put a turbo whale-tail on an earlier 911, and leave the 'Turbo' badge on. I had a hard time walking by it and not trying to pry it off with my fingernails

Trust me, you and the owners of the above cars would receive far more respect from all car guys if you represented the car for what it was, not what you want it to be; or what you hope people think it may be.
Hey, there is nothing wrong with a speed yellow C4S with a bunch of Ruf goodies. It is a great car. Most people would love to have it. There is no shame in calling it, badging it, or advertising it for what it is.
It just doesn't have the Ruf "heart". Without the turbo engine, but with a Ruf badge on the lid covering the naturally aspirated six, it is just posing.

I guess for many in today's society, it's what's superficially apparent to others that matters most, not what lies at the 'heart' . Integrity falls further down the list.

Rennlist is a huge part of why i am selling....not fond of being part of a community that has people that threat people like this
This is the only community I hav been a part of where people think it is just "making fun" to talk the way they do
I'll tell you something. Unforseen circumstances may force me to sell one of my air-cooled 911s some day, BUT , not being treated as I would like by an internet chat group would be about the last thing that would sway me to sell a car that still 'does it' for me like no other.

You have received lots of support here from others, some of whom may not totally agree with your MO.
Others have just bitten their lip and not said anything. (As i did up until now) A silent vote for the 'its your car, do what you want' motto.
But, you only seem to have a problem with the people that voiced an opinion that differed from yours. Most had a point to back up their opinion, Very few where outright attacks, initially.

If you really are selling the 911 because of what some here said, it appears that "backbone" is falling down the list in today's society too.

max
Old 09-17-2006 | 10:38 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

I say you can call your car a RUF all day long. Some people call their car "she" or by a "females name" and I have yet to see one with a vagina.

Dont let people get under your skin. Take it in stride.
Old 09-17-2006 | 10:47 PM
Mark Wilson
Pro

Originally Posted by adams993
Rennlist is a huge part of why i am selling....not fond of being part of a community that has people that threat people like this. Of course this does not include the people who are my friends and who have been kind to me. This is the only community I hav been a part of where people think it is just "making fun" to talk the way they do. Not cool....so here I go.
ADAM
I don't believe for even half a second that you're selling a car because of the way you were treated on an internet forum. That's absolute bullshyte.
Old 09-17-2006 | 10:58 PM
mborkow
Drifting

adam, pm sent
Old 09-17-2006 | 11:04 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

It's Adam's car and I think he's welcome to modify it in any way he sees fit...including putting on RUF badges. I would presume that he'll be up front with any prospective buyer so that they know they're buying a RUF look-alike and not in any way implying that it's a RUF - if so, there's no issue here IMHO.

Good luck with the sale.

Rick
Old 09-17-2006 | 11:54 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

I'm just going to say that I'm kind of bummed out after reading some responses to this thread. When I was first starting to look for a car a couple of years ago I was so happy to find this board and its members and users. It seemed like a great forum for people to post their questions and problems and people seemed to enjoy helping and fielding questions. Everyone had a genuine respect for one another and appreciated the camaraderie that the board allowed them.

Adam hasn't been the most popular guy on the boards with his performing minor "Ruf" cosmetic surgery on his car. However, I don't think continually throwing the guy under the bus every chance you get is very conducive to a fun online community.

I'm not advocating that he advertise his car as a genuine Ruf vehicle. I don't think he will. I also would hope that whoever might be in the market for a Ruf would do the slightest bit of research before they drop $50K and realize that there is no such thing as a Ruf C4S. The fact alone that it still sports the stock engine hood would hopefully lead one to believe that it's normally apsirated. I guess I'm getting off the point.

I just hope that I never find myself in his position of constantly being raked over the coals every time I post something. It must really suck if you enjoy taking part in the Rennlist community.

edit: I see someone deleted their post that simply said "BYE. Don't let the door hit you on the *** on your way out." I'm glad, because that's what initially inspired this rant.

Last edited by gonzilla; 09-18-2006 at 12:11 AM.

Quick Reply: RUF C4S OFFICIALLY FOR SALE