993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RUF C4S OFFICIALLY FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006 | 01:58 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Are we "********" to point out you are selling a "Ruf" that is not a "Ruf", which is deceptive for those who don't know any better. This is probably the reason you will be selling on autotrader or ebay as it might slip by someone who doesn't know what a Ruf really is.

Unless I'm missing something you only have cosmetic "upgrades"....not even a C4S with a (real) Ruf upgrade.

It's just like putting a GT3 wing and badge on a 996 and calling it a GT3.
Old 09-17-2006 | 02:49 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gonzilla
I sort of was wondering if that's why I hadn't seen you around for a while. I don't really blame you for not wanting to be a punching bag whenever you post. Every time I see someone jump on you about the Ruf thing, I can't help thinking "dead horse". I feel pretty bad and I'll just apologize for everybody that gave you crap about what you decided you wanted to do to your car. Sure, it's not a real "Ruf" and doesn't have a Ruf VIN, but if you want to put Ruf parts on it and badges, that's up to you. I think in the Porsche community there are a lot of "purists" who frown on that sort of thing, but it's your damn car, so do what you want. In any event, I always thought it looked pretty cool and I wish you lots of luck with the sale. I hope that everyone's done busting your ***** now.
Very well said.
Old 09-17-2006 | 03:40 PM
JChiles
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomF
Very well said.
+1
Old 09-17-2006 | 05:21 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TomF
Very well said.
+2
Old 09-17-2006 | 05:32 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

This is the first time I have commented on this as I could care less what he calls it, but when he tries to sell it as something that it is not, then I think that is deceptive (cheesy also, but that is secondary).
Old 09-17-2006 | 05:38 PM
X2Board
Pro

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Westcoast996
+2
+3

I had STI badges on my '05, 5 speed, Legacy GT wagon, even though Subaru never imported such a beast to the US, I did a full STI Intercooler and manifold swap along with a TD20G snail, plus JDM struts and springs. That did not make it a "real STI" but I don't think I was poser with the badges and decals on the car as I could show any stock STI my tail lights from a dig or a roll.

X2
Old 09-17-2006 | 05:56 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by X2Board
+3

I had STI badges on my '05, 5 speed, Legacy GT wagon, even though Subaru never imported such a beast to the US, I did a full STI Intercooler and manifold swap along with a TD20G snail, plus JDM struts and springs. That did not make it a "real STI" but I don't think I was poser with the badges and decals on the car as I could show any stock STI my tail lights from a dig or a roll.

X2
I think you are missing the point. Like Jim says, its the fact that he calls it RUF. This is mesleading and unethical. I assume that when you sold your Legacy you did not say its an STI?
RUF cars command different premium and they are desired because of their internal modifications and setup not for the badges and spoilers.
Alas, this is a DEAD HORSE, Adam got a lot of flack in the past about this, he is a young guy and he obviously has a lot to learn in life. That is not my concern. My corcern is that he advertises on Rennlist a "RUF" car. That is not right, end of story.
Old 09-17-2006 | 06:19 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

It is only what it is if the factories made it that way, any thing else is just a copy and should be marketed as such!!!
jv
Old 09-17-2006 | 06:28 PM
Mark Wilson
Pro

How much for all the ruf badges?
Old 09-17-2006 | 06:54 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Default Badges

$50 shipped for the badges...and I will need your stock Porsche front crest.
ADAM
Old 09-17-2006 | 07:18 PM
993James993
Burning Brakes

If Ruf sells "Ruf" badges on the open market then it must be assumed that some people will buy them and put them on their cars. Adam is just one of those people. By making the badges available Ruf would at least share in the responsiblity if this is indeed some type of misdemeanor.

Given Adam's history on this board I don't think it was his intent to pass off his car a real Ruf. I did re-read his post and anyone not familiar with his slippery slope would surely be confused but I give him the benefit of the doubt.

It would appear that his exit from this community is as stormy as his entrance. I wish him the best of luck and hope that with time he will become less of a lightning rod.

How many of us who have criticized Adam were perfect by the time we were 23? Just wondering.
Old 09-17-2006 | 07:21 PM
mborkow
Drifting

How many of us who have criticized Adam were perfect by the time we were 23?
i was perfect from the day i was born...just ask my mom ;-)
Old 09-17-2006 | 07:35 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

I'm sorry to see you go Adam. Just like life, Rennlist is filled with many great people and a few ********. I'm sorry that a few of the latter came between you and your love of your car. I think you'll encounter the same on any automotive board. Just go over to the 356 board and watch people with 356 replicas get ripped by those who are fortunate enough to own an original example. Some people just have too much time on their hands and need to back away from the computer now and then. Good luck in the future and I hope you rethink your decision to sell.
Old 09-17-2006 | 07:45 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Thaks for the nice farewells....
ADAM
Old 09-17-2006 | 07:48 PM
mborkow
Drifting

I'm sorry that a few of the latter came between you and your love of your car
adam, are you selling your car because of rennlist? i didn't think the forum was the reason you were selling your C4S...that would be a shame.

Quick Reply: RUF C4S OFFICIALLY FOR SALE