Sponsored by:

Valentine One 993 cigarette adapter

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:36 PM
sfphotographer
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valentine One 993 cigarette adapter

Hi, there. I just got a '96 993 cab, and the cigarette lighter in the porsche is actually too big for the V1 lighter adapter.

Is my only option to direct wire the V1 or does anyone know if V1 or any other after market provider sells a different adapter that can fit into the 993.

And, suggestions about where i might be able to find instructions on how to wire the v1? (by the way, i have to admit that i'm a bit of a knucklehead when it comes to installing anything, so this is why i'm hopeful there is a cigarette lighter solution)

thanks,

Howard
Old 09-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a MY95 and the V1 adapter fits fine. If the MY96 fits poorly, you can fine an adapter sleeve in most cell phone store fronts or Radio Shack. Check Robin's site, P-Car.com for tips on installing the V1.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:59 AM
ChrisA
Advanced

If the adapter does not work out or if decide to hide the wiring a bit better, the hard wire kit included with the Valentine works well. I mounted mine above the rear view mirror and concealed the wire behind the rubber window gasket and behind the cover on the air vent. This part is straight forward with only a couple of philips screws to remove. Once the wire is under the dash, I removed my radio and found the switched power lead and a suitable ground. For reference the switched lead only has power when the key is turned on (this lead can be found on the wiring guide from the radio) or by using an appropriate voltage tester. Others have used the sunroof switch to tap into the cars electrical system, but I found the radio power easier to access.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Is it a new V1? If not, Valentine sells a better cig adapter with rubber pieces that conform to a wider space for a better fit.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:55 PM
RW
Track Day

I just bent the metal on the adapter and that works fine.

Quick Reply: Valentine One 993 cigarette adapter