993 Forum 1995-1998

Hankook Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Cool Hankook Tires

Their tires are great, their web site is sketchy. But don't let that set you back. In the west, I get my race tires from Lynn Heaps at Topless Performance.
Lynn or Lori Heaps
Phone Number: (623) 847-9070
Toll Free #: (877) 728-0914
Fax Number: (623) 847-9309
toplessperformance@earthlink.net

I love buying tires from Lynn. He delivers them to all POC Racing Events in ther West. And he mounts and balances them at the track too. By the way, Sierra Tire in Las Vegas is the West Coast Hankook Racing Tire Distributor, a division of Frisby tire. I order from Lynn, Lynn ordewrs from Sierra. Also, no sales tax!

Basically here is the scoop:
VENTUS F200 Touring car racing slick. These look interesting. Can't say if any of the sizes they offer would work, maybe their 18" tires, certainly not 17"

VENTUS Z207 racing rain tires

VENTUS Z211 RSS DOT 50 rated tire...good selection
VENTUS Z214 DOT 40 rated tire, looks similar to Hoosiers
VENTUS RS2 ...see below

I tried the Z214 tires last weekend at Laguna Seca, properly heat cycled of course. I also had a set of Hoosiers to compare them to. Started them a 28 PSI cold.....the Hankooks were great. Overall, very similar to Hoosiers, but according to Frisby Tire, they will last longer...we'll see. They are also about $100 a set cheaper...naturally no shaving required.

My pal Craig drives hisd 86 Carrera to the track and races on RS 2 street tires. They wear like iron...he does not shave them and they are cheap. I don't think they have 993 sizes in 17".

In conclusion the Z211s are worth a try...probably less than RA-1s or Kumho VictoRacers. The Z214 tires are definitely worth a try, about $900 a set...Hoosiers are more. Based on my limited experience with the Z214s, I suspect they will last longer than the Hoosiers...we'll see!

Quick Reply: Hankook Tires