Sponsored by:

Value of a 95 Ruf turbo with 15K miles?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006 | 12:50 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by john-'96 993 cab
Let's see whether he honors his deposit or cries to get his money back.
I truly do not understand what problem you have with this situation.

Please explain.
Old 09-10-2006 | 12:58 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

You're right Greg. RHW, narrow body closed to 400 HP and 15k miles on the clock... could be a hellluv a car for the right person.
Old 09-10-2006 | 01:07 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

My car came with a letter from Estonia Ruf, documenting the Ruf conversion on my VIN with the date and the mileage. I would not have purchased my car if it didn't have that "letter of authenticity".
Old 09-10-2006 | 09:15 AM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by nile13
I truly do not understand what problem you have with this situation.

Please explain.
By internet standards I'm obviously lacking in morals. I dont claim to give millions to charity. Nor do I profess to being a "Christian" and cloak myself in righteousness by uttering the word. But even a guy as morally challenged as I would not come to a community I am a part of and pimp information for a few bucks.

If after reading both threads you dont get why what he did was wrong you never will.
Old 09-10-2006 | 10:46 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

John, I have not read the other thread (what's the name of the trhread?) I know Rich personally and he has helped me before, but that aside... I do not see a problem with making money by obtaining and selling information or goods.

This board has at least a dozens conributors who also sell stuff for a living. I honestly do not see a problem with this.

This is not designed to pick a fight or defend Rich (as he doesn't need defending), but just to clarify my opinion and yours on what's going on.
Old 09-10-2006 | 10:59 AM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by nile13
John, I have not read the other thread (what's the name of the trhread?) I know Rich personally and he has helped me before, but that aside... I do not see a problem with making money by obtaining and selling information or goods.

This board has at least a dozens conributors who also sell stuff for a living. I honestly do not see a problem with this.

This is not designed to pick a fight or defend Rich (as he doesn't need defending), but just to clarify my opinion and yours on what's going on.
Do you really think I have a problem with the sale of goods and services?

If you see his actions as similar to those of sponsors so be it. I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.

Everyone has a different notion of what is morally acceptable. As is evidenced by a second thread identifying the very car he took such great effort to hide and make a buck off of. This poster was actually trying to HELP someone.
Old 09-10-2006 | 11:26 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

I see nothing wrong with finders or referal fee's.

I know of a drivers side turn amber turn signal light that someone has and I request $30 for the information. If your interested, pay me $30 and I will send it to you at no cost. Im not selling anything, just providing a service.
Old 09-10-2006 | 11:52 AM
Stan_Gosfriend
Track Day

I too can vouch for Rich - he drove to New Hampshire which is probably 100 miles round trip to help give a visual on car a that he turned my brother on to and helped with the PPI. Oh wait, now that I think about it we did pay him for his help with a six pack. I change my mind, banish him from the kingdom!

He and I traded several PMs and emails about this "Ruf" (before it was on autotrader, ebay, and anywhere else that mentioned it was a turbo) and he really did want to purchase it himself. I was intrested in it too and he said I could have it without a fee once it was clear he couldn't buy it but I urged him to instead broker the deal for someone with a lot of cash because I thought it was a great opportunity to for him to make a few bucks as he's spending everything he has trying to protect his kids from a very scary and unreal situation.

As a point of reference, luxcarnet.com is where I bought my first 911 and they did the exact same thing: found a car and introduced me to the buyer. I'm pretty sure the buyer had never heard of them when I contacted him but in the end all three of us were pleased.

Quick Reply: Value of a 95 Ruf turbo with 15K miles?